This rain is driving me mad!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I swear it has rained nearly every day for the last 2 months here in PA. The days should be hot and long, but we barely reach 60 and it is so gloomy you wouldn't realize the sun doesn't set to nearly 9. I long for last year's endless drought.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Whatever you do, don't move to the Pacific Northwest, upstate New York, or anywhere in Europe north of Switzerland. I don't care about rain during the week like it's doing now. It's when it's sunny all week and rainy for the weekend like it's done for 3 weeks in a row that drives me mad.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FotNS

I swear it has rained nearly every day for the last 2 months here in PA. The days should be hot and long, but we barely reach 60 and it is so gloomy you wouldn't realize the sun doesn't set to nearly 9. I long for last year's endless drought.

Bummer...

I used to live in Connecticut and I remember one summer where it rained 11 weekends in a row. Needless to say, it wasn't too long after that I (and 3 other friends) quit our jobs and moved to California.

Look at the bright side, you won't have to worry about a drought for a while.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    This region is still catching up from the last one.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I miss LA :-(
  • Reply 5 of 25
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

LA is nothing compared to SD. Can't wait to move down there next year.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    heh, we are 1.xx " above what we normally should be currently and that was in the paper a little ago, its been raining more since then

it hasn't been 2months here, more like 5weeks i believe, but man, you'd think you were in seattle! i dont mind it though, i like weather in the high 60's

it is kinda getting annoying though since i want to be out roller blading
  • Reply 7 of 25
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

..snip... upstate New York ...snip..

Tell me about it, I live up near Rochester, NY and the last few weeks have been miserable.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

Tell me about it, I live up near Rochester, NY and the last few weeks have been miserable.

i used to live in Syracuse . . . its rochester and add more bigger softer flakes . . . for nine months of the year there is snow . . . at least once in the month for nine months

plus i lived in Portland Oregon and there its nine months of drizzle
  • Reply 9 of 25
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    i thought you was in UK. the rain sucks there. especially if you are meteropatic.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

i thought you was in UK. the rain sucks there. especially if you are meteropatic.

You talkin to me?

I live in Pittsburgh PA . . . for about another month and a half
  • Reply 11 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

You talkin to me?

I live in Pittsburgh PA . . . for about another month and a half

move to my ex home then, where i lived till a few years ago. normally no rain for like 6 months, or 2 mornings dropping a bit ... then 3 days of rain and other 6 monhts dry. and even the taps were dry - running water depending on the city where you were, every 2 days for 6 hours to every 6 days a few hours... at least i wasn't ill and sleepy for the rain.
  • Reply 12 of 25
    i forgot. i discovered that the roof was leaking - when those 3 rainy days happened. it was raining in the bathroom.

and nice road engineering too. we went to the beach part of the city in hte car.. it felt like a boat. there was 1 - 2 feet of water everywhere on the streets.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    spotcatbugspotcatbug Posts: 195member
    Hey, there were a couple of sunny days.

I think.

Yeah, pretty sure.

The sun is that glowy thing in the sky, right?
  • Reply 14 of 25
    jesperasjesperas Posts: 524member
    I hear ya. It's June, and I still haven't turned the heat off yet.

• Reply 15 of 25
    enaena Posts: 667member
    Ug, try 93 straight days of rain---lived in Seattle a couple of years ago.
  • Reply 16 of 25
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

You must have forgotten about June Gloom.

For about the past week, the sun comes out from 4-4:30 or 5.
  • Reply 17 of 25
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ena

Ug, try 93 straight days of rain---lived in Seattle a couple of years ago.

But now the sweet, warm irony... While my folks on LI are drowning in cold rain, all week here it's been bright, sunny, highs in the mid-80s. Sometime around mid-April you start to wonder if it will ever come, but when it finally does, summer in Seattle is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    saabmp3saabmp3 Posts: 52member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

i used to live in Syracuse . . . its rochester and add more bigger softer flakes . . . for nine months of the year there is snow . . . at least once in the month for nine months

Not this time. I live in rochester and we creamed the entire state in total snowfall this year. It SUCKED! Funny thing tho, yesterday it was fine in rochester, I come to Boston and it's rainy and disgusting.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    enaena Posts: 667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

But now the sweet, warm irony... While my folks on LI are drowning in cold rain, all week here it's been bright, sunny, highs in the mid-80s. Sometime around mid-April you start to wonder if it will ever come, but when it finally does, summer in Seattle is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

VERY TRUE

Pegasus and Alki
  • Reply 20 of 25
    Quote:

it hasn't been 2months here, more like 5weeks i believe, but man, you'd think you were in seattle!

Libelous Pennsylvanian! As penance for your disrespect your people shall suffer for a period of at least three days, no less. We shall send forth the rain soaked ancient Mariner baseball team and they shall crush your Pennsylvanian Phillies immediately after the rain delays end and henceforth you shall wear the albatross (or an Oriole perhaps for those old enough to remember 83) named Burrell around your neck from now until the season of autumn arrives. Witches shall descend from the sky waiving broomsticks of defeat in the visages of your Phillies. And all your children shall be not be named Samuel Taylor Coleridge but will instead be christened with the mark of the devil, Juan Samuel.