Apple Store - Walnut Creek, CA Pictures

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was in Walnut Creek today and I took a few pictures of what I will assume will be the Apple Store. It is right near Tiffany's and Barns and Noble.

I am really hoping this store will have a theatre. It is in a great location with the typical stores near by like Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Crate & Barrel, and more...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    No interested in commenting?

Will anyone attend the opening?

Anyone think this is not going to be the Apple Store?
  • Reply 2 of 26
    seanmseanm Posts: 69member
    I'll probably attend.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I'll definetley be there. As well as the Panther event, and 970 event, and G4 iBook event, and Window iTMS, and every other event ever at that Apple Store.

Emeryville and Walnut Creek are awfully close though. I guess Emeryville is right across the Bay from S.F., and Walnut Creek is a pretty nice place, so it makes sense. Unless you live in Cody, Wyoming or some desolate place.
  • Reply 4 of 26
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Sounds like fun, I may be there. Any idea when the store will open?
  • Reply 5 of 26
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

Emeryville and Walnut Creek are awfully close though. I guess Emeryville is right across the Bay from S.F., and Walnut Creek is a pretty nice place, so it makes sense. Unless you live in Cody, Wyoming or some desolate place.

Proximity doesn't matter as there are huge rolling hills between Walnut Creek and Emeryville. Walnut Creek is completely isolated from the rest of the East Bay...except maybe Concord.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    cowerdcowerd Posts: 579member
    Quote:

Walnut Creek is completely isolated from the rest of the East Bay...except maybe Concord.

And Orinda, Lafayette, Alamo, Danville, Pleasant Hill and Clayton, etc. Apple done their homework, there is $$$ out there.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    Word from a construction worker is that the store will be opening on July 12th.

Funny thing is, right next door is Pottery Barn Kids (opening this weekend) and I will be working there...
  • Reply 8 of 26
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

Word from a construction worker is that the store will be opening on July 12th.

Saweet! I'm right next door in Concord. No more CompUSA for me. Actually the CompUSA here in Concord isn't that bad, but the Apple Stores rule. July 12th huh? Here's hoping the G5's will out by then.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

Saweet! I'm right next door in Concord. No more CompUSA for me. Actually the CompUSA here in Concord isn't that bad, but the Apple Stores rule. July 12th huh? Here's hoping the G5's will out by then.

The CompUSA is not that bad but such a dirty lay out in the Apple section...

I maybe working the Apple Store seasonal too!

They guy said they are trying to have it done on the 3rd so swing by around then to check it out...
  • Reply 10 of 26
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

Hey, I'm in Benicia.

Quote:

Originally posted by Jared:

Funny thing is, right next door is Pottery Barn Kids (opening this weekend) and I will be working there...

There's also a Pottery Barn Kids near the Emeryville store.
  • Reply 11 of 26
    I can confirm that this store will have a theatre!
  • Reply 12 of 26
    From MacCentral

Quote:

Apple to open Walnut Creek, CA, store July 12

By Dennis Sellers [email protected]

July 07, 2003 8:10 am ET

Apple will open a retail store in Walnut Creek, California, on Saturday, July 12. The grand opening will be held from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.

To celebrate the grand opening, Apple is featuring a week of special events. A series of free educational presentations, demonstrations and workshops are scheduled. Details of the events -- and directions to the store -- are online. Ten people who visit the store will win an iSight, Apple's new videoconferencing camera for use with iChat AV. The first 1,000 visitors will get a free Apple T-shirt.

Drop by the store, and you can enter the Grand Opening Sweepstakes and be eligible to win a Digital Lifestyle Collection valued at approximately US$2,300. The winner will receive a 15-inch flat-panel iMac with Combo drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW), a Canon PowerShot S230 digital camera, a Canon ZR60 digital camcorder and an Epson Stylus Photo 820 printer.

The Walnut Creek store is located at 1129 S. Main Street. It's located in downtown Walnut Creek next to Tiffany's and Pottery Barn Kids. Store hours will be 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday.

• Reply 13 of 26
    alex londonalex london Posts: 613member
    What are Pottery Barn Kids ? I saw About Schmidt last night and I'm scared into guessing that they sell those repulsive figurines to children. Or do American kids do a lot of cooking in tagines and tandoors?
  • Reply 14 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alex London

What are Pottery Barn Kids ? I saw About Schmidt last night and I'm scared into guessing that they sell those repulsive figurines to children. Or do American kids do a lot of cooking in tagines and tandoors?

http://www.potterybarnkids.com
  • Reply 15 of 26
    Thanks, so they have eff all to do with pottery, and barns. Just another lifestyle, look place with a vaguely nostalgic name.
  • Reply 16 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alex London

Thanks, so they have eff all to do with pottery, and barns. Just another lifestyle, look place with a vaguely nostalgic name.

And some nostalgic like merchandise. I wish I had my camera today because they just put in the Apple logo in the front of the store. Would anyone like me to get some shots this week before Saturday (grand opening)?
  • Reply 17 of 26
    I went by there today and had my Camera.

• Reply 18 of 26
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Great... but in California again?
  • Reply 19 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

Great... but in California again?

California, New York and Florida seem to be states where the most Apple customers are.

I understand and agree that they also need to be placed in states where there are currently are none.

I would like to see (and work for one) in Oregon.
  • Reply 20 of 26
    One of these would look so good in London, well actually they would look pretty good anywhere. If Tokyo is getting one... Steve?