Originally posted by alcimedes

Oh look! Massive irony.

That was the point.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Yup.

I'm a bit skeptical of this taken at face value. I have only a one word explanation- inertia. It will take a while to completely turn around the severe trend we have experienced since 2001. Things may have yet to return to "normal", but that does not mean they aren't already on the mend in a considerable manner. It's a pretty big hole we are trying to climb out of. These days seem quite optimistic, from my point of view. Market indicators are on a healthy rise (almost too exhuberant), so it only makes sense to me that business is increasing, and thus employment will improve in order to meet the needs of that increased business. My networking grapevine tells me that there is somewhat of a hiring frenzy as of late, rather than a dearth. Early 2003 was freakin' bleak, IMO. It looks entirely different to me at mid-year.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    kestralkestral Posts: 311member
    I have so many American friends emailing me saying they can't wait until a year and a half from now. They're going to vent their fury in the voting booths. And a lot of these friends are in Alaska, traditionally a Republican stronghold.

Mark my words, Bush will be a one-termer.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    ... and we all know how much of an electoral college juggernaut Alaska is.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    enaena Posts: 667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kestral

.....and a lot of these friends are in Alaska, traditionally a Republican stronghold.

Mark my words, Bush will be a one-termer.

......yes, there are a BUNCH of Earth Muffins up here, but this is A VERY CONSERVATIVE [dare I say Christian?] state----unless the Democrats can continue to Screw Lisa Murkowski raw on the ANWAR issue, it just isn't going to make any difference.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    1 thread.

1 thread on WMD.

That's it.

It's not hard to understand.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

1 goddam thread about WMD.