Where do I get my faith and what drives me

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mlnjr

(paraphrasing here) "But FCIB that's a huge download and my bandwidth sucks."

"You should do whatever you can to find a way to download it because there's a message in it just for YOU."

Haven't people gone bankrupt this way, continuing to financially support their church even though their own financial standing isn't all that great to begin with? It's sad when good people get manipulated like that.

I downloaded and listened to the whole .mp3, and I've got one question: Are the people in that congregation thinking for themselves or are they hanging on that doddering old man's every word, waiting for him to tell them what to think?

It was not my impression. I believe people can listen to those who have things to say. At the end of the day we all determine what we buy and what we care to incorporate into our lives. I thought what the man had to say spoke volumes of my life. Being the word of god is very powerful when it is found and cultivated in good soil. In my life this has been the case. And rather in a big way and every day it continues.

I am amazed by the truth in the Bible and I realize not every person is moved by it as I am.

Fellowship
  • Reply 22 of 22
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    History repeats itself.

I am Murbot's moderation powers by proxy.