Has President Bush totally lost it?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Immanuel Goldstein

Those Israelis claiming Israel should stretch from the River Prath to the the River of Egypt are very few indeed, not even a blip in the political radar.

So killing Rabin was just a blip on the political radar?

The problem is not really these guys, but the silent (and not so silent) consent from the rest of the isreali right.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

So killing Rabin was just a blip on the political radar?

The killer of Rabin was that unrepresentative.

Quote:

The problem is not really these guys, but the silent (and not so silent) consent from the rest of the isreali right.

If you mean that the rest of the Israeli right consented with the assassination or with views expounded by the murderer, I suggest you get some reliable info on the subject, because you couldn't be more mistaken.

Currently, the middle of the road of the Israeli right is won to the two-states solution which had opponents to it within Labour some ten years ago.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    Quote:

If you mean that the rest of the Israeli right consented with the assassination or with views expounded by the murderer, I suggest you get some reliable info on the subject, because you couldn't be more mistaken.

That is not what I'm saying. But there is no question that the right wing extremist in Isreal have been able to get away with stuff unthinkable elsewhere. Just look at the grave of Baruch Goldstein.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

That is not what I'm saying. But there is no question that the right wing extremist in Isreal have been able to get away with stuff unthinkable elsewhere. Just look at the grave of Baruch Goldstein.

The monument built over the grave by the murderer's fan-club was dismantled by the authorities, and some of his admirers often get arrested and detained without warrant (administrative detention) under the old British anti-terror decree, and handled rather roughly by the security forces (as I tell my settler friends ?did you think they'd only do it to Palestinians??).

Objectively speaking, it's safer and easier to be a neo-Nazi militant in the West than to be a mildly Fascist shopkeeper in Israel.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    Quote:

Objectively speaking, it's safer and easier to be a neo-Nazi militant in the West than to be a mildly Fascist shopkeeper in Israel.

depends on your definition of facist, doesn't it?

Actually I think we are as close as we can to an agreement here. Our political opinions are a bit different. Lets leave it at that.