Krispy Kreme Donuts

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Also, North Carolina's bar-b-q sucks!
  • Reply 22 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Is that where "timbits" come from. Wouldn't you know it a Canadian at work, Tim, brings them in once a week.

Yes, Tim's is famous for "Timbits" and their "icecaps" as well. Very good indeed!!
  • Reply 23 of 52
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Tim Horton's makes KK look like diarrhea.
  • Reply 24 of 52
    Here is a look at the double chocolate Timbit. Very good, espically with Tim's coffee.

• Reply 25 of 52
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    They opened a KK about 45 minutes from me, first in Canada, about 1.5 years ago. They had massive lineups everyday for a couple weeks, and still had huge lines on weekends (I mean like 1/2 to 1hour waits) for months after they opened. Rumour was that the franchise holder did enough in sales the opening week or weekend to potentially pay the full frnachise cost. I think the one guy or company holds the rights for all of Canada, or at least all of eastern Canada. I went once after the lines up slowed down, but honestly didn't see the big deal. Just more fried dough. They opened one up about 6 months ago about 10 minutes from my house. I have yet to visit. The massive lineups lasted about a week and since then, whenever I go by, they are basically empty. Guess the novelty has worn off.
  • Reply 26 of 52
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac OS X Addict

Yes, Tim's is famous for "Timbits" and their "icecaps" as well. Very good indeed!!

Most famous for their coffee..best around and I'd swear it was addictive.
  • Reply 27 of 52
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    I live in Denver and we have some Krispy Kreme stores but i like Lamar's Donuts a little better. Both have great donuts-don't get me wrong I love Krispy Kreme-it's just that I like the thicker ones at Lamar's better. Does anyone know of Lamar's? I think that they are based out of Kansas City. NOt quite sure though.
  • Reply 28 of 52
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Is that the same Lamar that rents billboards?
  • Reply 29 of 52
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    So who of you fellows are going to send me one of those KKD?
  • Reply 30 of 52
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

You are alway welcome at my home if you are ever in the Dallas area. KK is to donuts what Virgin is to the music buying experience. Don't tell Apple I said that.

Fellows
  • Reply 31 of 52
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

You are alway welcome at my home if you are ever in the Dallas area. KK is to donuts what Virgin is to the music buying experience. Don't tell Apple I said that.

Fellows

I might hold you to that, Fellow.
  • Reply 32 of 52
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    whenever i here is comparison "*blank* is to donuts what Virgin is to.....

i really don't expect to hear anything about buying music.
  • Reply 33 of 52
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tulkas

Most famous for their coffee..best around and I'd swear it was addictive.

caffine *cough*
  • Reply 34 of 52
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Sorry, but like most donuts they have two halflives, the first occurs a 30 minutes, the second is 12 hours, so unless the delivery system for worldwide packages gets to be much much better, you are better off flying to NYC, going to PENN Station, buying a donut that the station KKD and flying back...
  • Reply 35 of 52
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    You went from Waterloo to Missasauga, there really isn't any good reason to go to missasauga, ever, just to get a doughnut? I guess, if you have to get from Burlington/Oakville to Toronto, then that's OK, hehe...

I tried them, good, but nothing you can't get at Tim's by just getting a warm honey glazed. Seems the trick was in sefving 'em warm. Tim's has already caught on, and even changed the layout of their box (in some stores) to match the lay 'em flat KK box as oppossed to the stack'em upright traditional box.
  • Reply 36 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

You went from Waterloo to Missasauga, there really isn't any good reason to go to missasauga, ever, just to get a doughnut? I guess, if you have to get from Burlington/Oakville to Toronto, then that's OK.

Actually, I've eaten at the Tim Horton's in Oakville *and* Mississauga. Do I get a cookie? Or a 970?

Two things I do agree with, though:

1. Tim Horton's makes the best damn coffee around. Period. All you Starbucks geeks can stick your half-caf mocha lattes in your ear.

2. There is no reason to ever travel to Mississauga. I was only there because the series I worked on rented studio space in the area... actually, just down the street from the Tim Horton's.

Oh, and a true "Value Meal" in Canada is not a burger, fries and a Coke. It's a chicken salad sandwich, coffee and a maple donut.
  • Reply 37 of 52
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

Sorry, but like most donuts they have two halflives, the first occurs a 30 minutes, the second is 12 hours, so unless the delivery system for worldwide packages gets to be much much better, you are better off flying to NYC, going to PENN Station, buying a donut that the station KKD and flying back...

Any Apple Store on the way so the buying of a powerbook could pay for the trip to taste an original donut?
  • Reply 38 of 52
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Any Apple Store on the way so the buying of a powerbook could pay for the trip to taste an original donut?

Yes, sort of, in SOHO.
  • Reply 39 of 52
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Fellowship you should be proud. Despite the odds, you have influenced the AI powers that be to the point of getting your own custom icon on the board menu! I must admit I am jealous.

Not only of the icon but of the fact that they just opened a Krispy Kreme shop about 10 minutes down the road from me, and I drive by it not once but TWICE a day and still cannot find time to stop in there. I work on Saturday so maybe I'll drop in then. One of the ladies I work with has a birthday on the 21st, so maybe I'll surprise her and the rest of the crew with a box of Krispy Kremes. Clients can have the el-cheapo Walmart doughuts this weekend!

• Reply 40 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Fellowship you should be proud. Despite the odds, you have influenced the AI powers that be to the point of getting your own custom icon on the board menu! I must admit I am jealous.

I made that icon and posted it there before this thread existed.