have you seen this sketch already?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Minguez

I was a bit bored so I started to model it, to see what It would look like in real life... Im about 80% done with the model...

Reminds me of an old Electrolux vacuum cleaner.

• Reply 22 of 34
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Yeah, definitely looks fiftyish...
  • Reply 23 of 34
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

I was a bit bored so I started to model it, to see what It would look like in real life... Im about 80% done with the model...

Robotic bug
  • Reply 24 of 34
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I love that rendered version. It's so Jetson's like. It's right along the lines of the original iMac.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

I love that rendered version. It's so Jetson's like. It's right along the lines of the original iMac.

i think it's <german> einfach geil </german>. i would buy that by the blink of an eye. the guy wrote in his description that the side walls were aluminium-style, but i would like this version more.

also he mentioned some kind of "bluetooth-eye" just above the front-ports at the bottom. this eye is some kind of "wart" standing out.
  • Reply 26 of 34
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rolo

Ha, that's it. I was sitting here thinking, that's old, what did we used to have like that!?
  • Reply 27 of 34
    mokimoki Posts: 551member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rolo

Are you saying that it sucks?
  • Reply 28 of 34
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by moki

Winner.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Quote:

LOL! Good one, Moki. Well, at least with the Electrolux design, ya wouldn't haveta worry about cooling a pair of 970s.

I'm sure the G5 will look great and somewhat different from the sketches and mockups we've seen--at least I hope that's the case.

Ah, me, waiting's a bitch. I just hope there's a G5 in Apple stores for folks to play with at the end of the keynote, loaded with the Panther beta.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    mc1618mc1618 Posts: 2member
    Why would you go to the manufacturing expense of creating a rotating drive bay in the first place? You can drop in DVD, Harddrive, Zip, etc. that all work vertically.
  • Reply 31 of 34
    shaktaishaktai Posts: 157member
    Quote:

Nice rendering. Too retro though. I think the top and bottom should be less rounded. More boxed but with smooth slightly rounded, not sharp edges. Reduce the handle size, they should be visible but not subtle, no blatant, and the size of the "eye" on the front is too large. The sides should be more silver gray metalic look, but smooth and the front plate more of a brushed or even mesh etched aluminum pattern. Get rid of the plastic looking cover over the drives. The front should not be so rounded, and you should have one each firewire, usb and a headphone jack on the front ports.

Of course I am sure Ives has done it better already.
  • Reply 32 of 34
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    minquez: absolutely fantastic.

i would buy one of these for sure.

sleek. modern. next generation.

truely befitting a next generation chip.

thanks for posting this.
  • Reply 33 of 34
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    "Flash, aaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... defender of the universe"

Definetly a mix of that vacuum cleaner, the Jetsons, and some Flash Gordon...
  • Reply 34 of 34
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Oh my god! I haven't seen one of those in 20 years! An old girlfriend of mine used to use one of those back then to clean her apartment.

Yes it does have a certain resemblance.