Has anyone succeeded in getting A/V Chat to work?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by DGNL

yep, Tibook with cannon GL2, works perfectly, love this app, I'm buying the iSight ! Go Apple Go !

Me too. TiBook with Canon GL2 and MDD with another Canon GL2. I tested it with a friend of mine in the other room and it worked GREAT. I might get an iSight just for portability sake. One GL2 is kinda pic to put in your backpack much less two.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    G3 will not work with DV cams... no matter what speed...

this is BULLSHIT I have ONE G4 in the house... it seems you HAVE to get iSight to use iChat with a G3 (or an iBot or whatever)
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

G3 will not work with DV cams... no matter what speed...

this is BULLSHIT I have ONE G4 in the house... it seems you HAVE to get iSight to use iChat with a G3 (or an iBot or whatever)

It's possible it won't work with iSight either. I'd investigate that before spending the $150. Could it be the video stuff they are doing current requires Altivec (don't forget, it IS a Beta...)?
  • Reply 24 of 30
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by doyal

Guys don't know if this will help you but it works for me. I also have a Sony DV and after five minutes the little bugger just turned itself off. I changed the camcorder power switch from Camera to MEMORY(the sucka-pixel digital camera mode) and it hasn't switched off one since.

Nice!

I'll give that a try. Thanks.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Can't get the Audio to work.. I'm using airport to Cable. and at the other end just cable.

When I invite I get state is invalid (might already be in a conference)"

when he invites he gets kicked offline when I accept.

has anyone figured this out?

is it cause he is dutch?

flick.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    The Canon camcorders do not shut off if you remove the tape--at least, my ZR10 doesn't.

In other news, check the first post out here, USB cameras are supported if you trick iChatAV:

http://www.macintouch.com/ichatav.html
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flick Justice

Can't get the Audio to work.. I'm using airport to Cable. and at the other end just cable.

When I invite I get state is invalid (might already be in a conference)"

when he invites he gets kicked offline when I accept.

has anyone figured this out?

is it cause he is dutch?

flick.

I'm using the exact same setup, and having no problems. Have you opened the correct ports for A/V use in your NAT routers/firewalls?

It was actually kind of fun to take the camcorder and TiBook for a ride around the house, sending the video to my sister-in-law. *grin* I love Airport and Apple.

John
  • Reply 28 of 30
    All right this is incredible!

Ok it works at work.. I ahve to say Apple has totally blown me away!.

Super High Quality Audio, Canada to Holland real time no delays. I'm very very Impressed. If any of you have not tried this and have reletives across seas, tell the to buy a mac. get them Signed up with a .mac account. and never pay long distance again! this is truley a break through.

I'm excited.. yahooo!

flick.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flick Justice

All right this is incredible!

Ok it works at work.. I ahve to say Apple has totally blown me away!.

Super High Quality Audio, Canada to Holland real time no delays. I'm very very Impressed. If any of you have not tried this and have reletives across seas, tell the to buy a mac. get them Signed up with a .mac account. and never pay long distance again! this is truley a break through.

I'm excited.. yahooo!

flick.

Oh man....... don't do this to me. Must.... resist...... spending....... money.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    I have no idea where to put this, there's a thousand iChat threads and none of them apply. Anyways I saw this over at Ars...

Quote:

And for those who don't know yet, apparently you can now do SMS messages free through iChat (at least the AV version). Go under File-New Chat with Person, enter "+1" then the area code and phone number for their "address", type in your message, and away it goes. Handy.

Ken