The Best Non Alcoholic Drink on a Hot Day

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For my money, nothing beats a home made Ginger Beer with that extra zang..I can drink gallons of the stuff.

( altough I must admit to a growing fondness for homemade lemonade ).

What chases your taste buds drink wise that is ?

8)
«134

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 61
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,261member
    Extra chilled Smirnoff Ice. I eat nachos with it, and the chips absorb all the alcohol.
  • Reply 2 of 61
    Quote:

    Originally posted by aquafire

    For my money, nothing beats a home made Ginger Beer with that extra zang..I can drink gallons of the stuff.

    ( altough I must admit to a growing fondness for homemade lemonade ).

    What chases your taste buds drink wise that is ?

    8)




    why does it have to be non-alcoholic? pray tell.

    because on a hot day i always think back to my gin and lemonade drinking days. (drink to me, drink to my health, you know i don't drink anymore)



    not just any lemonade, paul newman's lemonade.

    any decent gin will do, although not bombay, don't ask me why, it just tastes weird.
  • Reply 3 of 61
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    a pitcher of either margarita (on the rocks)



    or bloody mary.





    you can also try a lemon drop(right name?) (equal parts gin and lemon juice) or a gin and tonic, both are "summer" type drinks. and good beer. but nothing to dark. dark beers need real food, which isn't very refreshing on a hot day.



    there is no truly refreshing drink on a hot summer day that has no alcohol.
  • Reply 4 of 61
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by murbot

    Extra chilled Smirnoff Ice. I eat nachos with it, and the chips absorb all the alcohol.



    Murbot,

    " Chips that absorb all the alcohol "



    Man your sitting on a veritable Gold Mine..!



    Wow drink yourself stoopid and all you have to do to sober up instantly is eat some nachos...

    Pure Genius



  • Reply 5 of 61
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Is Jack Daniel's considered an alcoholic drink? If so, I like simple water.
  • Reply 6 of 61
    i was once going to write a book entitled "the bloody marys of milwaukee".....

    i did extensive exhaustive research.

    in milwaukee they give you a little six ounce beer when you order a bloody. it's very dear.
  • Reply 7 of 61
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

    in milwaukee they give you a little six ounce beer when you order a bloody. it's very dear.



    A 'pony' bottle?
  • Reply 8 of 61
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

    why does it have to be non-alcoholic? pray tell.

    because on a hot day i always think back to my gin and lemonade drinking days




    Ok. Given some of the nice drinks I've seen posted, I'll accept alcoholic ones too.

    ( I originally thought not to post alcoholic ones coz we'd done the boozy list a little while ago. especially beers.)



    But since you mention Gin..well that is my favourite.



    Gordon's Gin with a dash of Indian bitter tonic water, slices of lime & lemon with an island of cracked ice.

    I heard somewhere that Gin is bad for the brain..but hells bells its too nice...
  • Reply 9 of 61
    no just a little juice glass, as i said it was very dear, and i remember it fondly.

    as i feel i'm conjuring tennessee williams ghost i'm going to bed.
  • Reply 10 of 61
    Quote:

    Originally posted by aquafire

    Ok. Given some of the nice drinks I've seen posted, I'll accept alcoholic ones too.

    ( I originally thought not to post alcoholic ones coz we'd done the boozy list a little while ago. especially beers.)



    But since you mention Gin..well that is my favourite.



    Gordon's Gin with a dash of Indian bitter tonic water, slices of lime & lemon with an island of cracked ice.

    I heard somewhere that Gin is bad for the brain..but hells bells its too nice...




    i liked gordon's but then they started selling it in a plastic bottle and i...well, i felt so cheap!
  • Reply 11 of 61
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

    as i feel i'm conjuring tennessee williams ghost i'm going to bed.



    Yeah,laying back an listening to him on the radio with just the slightest waft of a breeze to disturb the cool evening air.
  • Reply 12 of 61
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

    i liked gordon's but then they started selling it in a plastic bottle and i...well, i felt so cheap!



    Gordons in plastic! Good God man !



    What Mindless Yobbo dreamed up that concept?



    Someone needs their ass kicked real hard...
  • Reply 13 of 61
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Gotta go with Country Time lemonade, over ice, in a nice big glass. Oooo...I'm livin' on the edge, baby! Watch out!



  • Reply 14 of 61
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    give me slightly chilled WATER!!



    I mean, come on!
  • Reply 15 of 61
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,261member
    You Americans and your damn Bloody Marys!



    Couldn't stand it in the US, can't order a Caesar. Waiters give you this weird look like you have something oozing out of your nose. Next time I'm down there, I'm bringing a cooler full of Clamato.



  • Reply 16 of 61
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I don't think they make Clamato anymore.
  • Reply 17 of 61
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Not slightly-chilled, but ice-cold water.
  • Reply 18 of 61
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by murbot

    You Americans and your damn Bloody Marys!



    Couldn't stand it in the US, can't order a Caesar. Waiters give you this weird look like you have something oozing out of your nose. Next time I'm down there, I'm bringing a cooler full of Clamato.







    ok, murray... clam juice, crab juice... all disgusting.





    honestly.
  • Reply 19 of 61
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    for all seasons, i always have a few quarts of iced tea chillin in my fridge (the fake kind, with powder + water). its really good, and if u add enough of the mix u can have that sugar rush for minutes at a time.



    but, on a particularly hot summer day (or any day where i happen to have a working stomach and atleast a partial liver), Guinness is good. I had a really good cider the other day, I don't remember what it was called though, with a lemony taste. That'd probably hit the spot just right on a hot day.
  • Reply 20 of 61
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    You know, I saw some clam juice in the grocery store the other day....it was in a little glass bottle. It looked just like something you'd get out of the cooler at a convenience store. All I could think about was running off a fake label from a laser copier and sticking it onto the bottle then dropping it into a cooler at a party....man that'd be a mean joke. Don't do it though! You never know who has seafood allergies!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.