For all the Apple apologists here

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    sorhedsorhed Posts: 38member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

People, different users have different needs and wants, and none of them are "stupid".

Of course people have stupid wants and needs! That's part of human nature! Opinions, even eloquently stated ones (not the case here) aren't necessarily valid or rational. Just because a so-called 'pro' believes he knows what he needs, doesn't necessarily mean he's correct.

And I'm going to flatly reiterate that anyone who wouldn't buy a G5 system because of the drive options is someone not weighing the pros and cons in a balanced manner

I'll apologize for my 'harsh' language. Although I suspect more you're just squelching a dissenting view.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,437member
    Yawn.

There's already another thread open about this that is far less whiny and idiotic.

You failed to mention anything beyond "Clutter" as your reasoning for wanting more internal/external bays. Baseless rant. End Story. By next year the G5 will accommodate probably a Terabyte of HD space.

More Internal Bays = Bigger PS which means more $$$ for all of us. No Thanks. Find other ways to get your Kinky CD Burner Obsession satiated.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I suppose my sentence should have been constructed more clearly... what I was trying to say was we do not need to be calling other users "stupid", "effing idiots", and the like. I am not trying to squelch anyone's views, I'd just like to see a discussion without all the obscenities - this goes for everyone in the thread. Too much to ask?
  • Reply 24 of 25
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    You know what, after reading TigerWoods99's post again, hmurchison is right. Nothing new being discussed here, and we really do not need another thread on the topic. If you would like to continue the discussion, join one of the existing threads.

Underground CD pirating goes here:

Why do you need more Optical drives?

And general dissent for the tower goes here:

What happened to the "tower"?

• Reply 25 of 25
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    yes it's to much to ask you effin idiot.

(JUST KIDDING)

and here to think after reading that first post (angry rant w/o a discussion point) i was thinking of locking this thread.

would two drive bays be the minimum that's acceptable then? just wondering where you draw the line. in this case, the machine is much cleaner with only 1 drive that does a variety of functions, but there are drawbacks.

although i must say i like this setup a lot. (but then again, i wouldn't be using the CD burning side constantly either)