Has anyone here seen a UFO?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Einstein himself, said that time travel back and forth could of itself not be ruled out by physics.

Personally, I would like to think they are from our own future and filled with daytripper grannys visiting the "good old days" or the equivilant of future teenagers taking daddy's UFO roadster for an illegal time warping spin..

Way to go rev-heads !8)

I'd like that, but that's (unfortunately) not the way things work. We like to think of things in a 'terrestrial' box, that is: point A to point B is X kilometers and depending on how fast our vehicle is we can get there in Y hours/days/years/etc. That holds true for 'here to LA' or even 'here to Pluto', but once we start talking about 'here to Mwhatever' the rules change because the destination changes from a point to a 'location', or 'fixed', or...bah.

Put it this way...'bending curves + magnetics = spooky lights in the sky'.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    OMG 709 :That was your 666 post ......spooky.....

• Reply 23 of 36
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

OMG 709 :That was your 666 post ......spooky.....

Good catch.

We aren't evil....really......now where was that farmer's bum?
  • Reply 24 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Good catch.

We aren't evil....really......now where was that farmer's bum?

I have to admit to having seen UFO's on at least five or six occasions in my life.

I am an a bit of a sky watcher.

My father instilled a passion for astronomy, meteorology and ornithology into me. ( that just about covers all bases )

I have seen some strange things but am a bit loath to describe any of these objects as alien Flying saucers.

The closest anything came to such a thing was two years ago when I happened to glance up at a speck of light high up against a deep blue sky ( mid afternoon ).

I could barely make it out even with binoculars, but i noticed it kept changing colour orange to purple to yellow than to green.

At first I thought it migh be Venus or a weather balloon, but it zigzagged in ways that clearly indicated speed and some sort of control...

I lost sight of it as it went behing tree cover...so that was a bit weird...But like I said, I don't like to describe such things as involving aliens or such stuff.

Australia has a pretty awesome track record for UFO activity...Don't know why but it does.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    norfanorfa Posts: 171member
    Hey, I'm not here very often, so I probably won't be back to answer questions, but I've seen UFO's, one that was defeinitely a saucer shaped; flying machine of some kind. And I have abduction memories. Whatever. IN any case I thought I'd share the research on my fellow abductees, since there has been a fair bit done. 1. They are of higher intelligence than the population as a whole. For get your trailor park crap. 2. They are less likely to have mental problems than the general population. For get your crazy crap. 3. They are more likely to have a sense of spirituality that transcends formal religion. SO, not very dogmatic. IN fact everything people use to describe UFO abductees applies more to themselves than it does to abductees. For those of you who for some reason can't fathom the UFO phenomena, I have five words words, small minded, dogmatic, mentally ill. Compared to abductees, the odds are in my favor saying that. But there is another possibilty. A lot of people who vehemntly deny the possibility of UFO's have had experiences themselves that they use their intellect to suppress. The stronger the effort to suppress, often , just means the more bizarre the episode they are suppressing the memory of.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    hegorhegor Posts: 160member
    I came home from work one night and I saw my brother and his girlfriend looking through a telescope at something. My brother motioned me over and made me look. He was tracking a light that was demonstrating really erratice movement. Too weird to be a jet or a helicopter. I told them both I was going in to go to bed. The girlfriend said "hey what if this like an alien invasion?" I replied that as long as I wasn't woken up by it there would be no problems.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Quote:

Australia has a pretty awesome track record for UFO activity...Don't know why but it does.

One word: Uluru.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    Interesting stories. The type of triangular craft described have been sighted quite often in recent years, generally in areas near military bases that have experimental aircraft. However there was a series of sightings of triangular aircraft in Belgium in the early eighties which would be very difficult to attribute to military aircraft of any kind. Some UFO sightings are earth lights, but there are numerous sightings by legitamate witnesses that suggest intelligent origin of the vehicles. I wish it was be easier for people to discuss UFOs in a serious fashion.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by norfa

Hey, I'm not here very often, so I probably won't be back to answer questions, but I've seen UFO's, one that was defeinitely a saucer shaped; flying machine of some kind. And I have abduction memories. Whatever. IN any case I thought I'd share the research on my fellow abductees, since there has been a fair bit done. 1. They are of higher intelligence than the population as a whole. For get your trailor park crap. 2. They are less likely to have mental problems than the general population. For get your crazy crap. 3. They are more likely to have a sense of spirituality that transcends formal religion.

4: They're really strong, have an affinity for alien technology, and they can whip up a soap opera like nobody's business.

http://www.itswalky.com

Seriously, though, apart from the eugenical bit about "trailor[sic] park crap" that's interesting information. Linkage?
  • Reply 30 of 36
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    I only once say something in the sky I really couldnt identify, this was when I was staying with some friends from Santa Barbara City College a few years back. It was just after midnight (looking back to my journal, it was about 1am early Sunday morning February 17, 1996), I had gotten out of my car and was walking throught the lot when the whole town and the nearby mountains were lit up with a blindingly bright bluish/pinkish/white object that moved silently and very quickly across the sky from the direction of the ocean, and then disappeared as it went behind the mountains. It was so bright the whole place was lit up like daylight for a few seconds and I had a purple 'after-image' in front of my eyes for at least a minute afterwards. I remember just standing there, stunned, wondering " just what the hell was that?", half expecting to witness some huge explosion as whatever it was crashed behind the mountains....but nothing happened. I've seen plenty of meteor showers (leonids, perseids etc) and my first thought was "meteor" but the more I thought about it the less convinced I was re. the meteor explanation. It was definitely more than 4000 feet up as it cleared the mountain chain just north of Santa Barbara. My friends saw it from their livingroom window, and the first thing they all said when I came into the house was "wow, did you see that!!!!!". I scanned the local paper the next day, but no story. We also called air traffic control and the met. folk at the Santa Barbara airport who had had a number of phone calls about it, but they had no explanation. I'm still mystified!
  • Reply 31 of 36
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Now when I was about 13 I was out playing in the neighborhood playing with some friends and we saw the most incredible thing hanging low in the sky....crawling really. I was bizarre...trapezoidal almost. We were shocked, amazed and totally blown-away.

Frozen to our spots we watched the thing grind away overhead, and then it started transmitting data down to the ground....via lights all over its wings.

Then we realized it was some kind of aircraft with lights on the bottom of the wings, rigged to play images and text on the bottom of the wings.

It was shocking and then it was cool and then it was "whatEVER".

So we identified our UFO, rendering it an IFO.
  • Reply 32 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spart

One word: Uluru.

There is some really weird stuff in Australia.

The aborigines claimed to have helped Allen Shepard " fix " his disabled Mercury space craft ( 1961 ). They somehow " Knew " he was in trouble.

Shepard recorded seeing strange "fireflies" floating around his craft when it was signalling heat shield failure. This was at the precise time he was flying over Australia. See the film " The right stuff "

As per Uluru.

People who go there say it has some sort of strange energy, the tribal ( Pitinjnjarra ) elders say it is the Mother Rock from which all the world was made.

Apparently, It is the most ancient & continually recognized landmark in all human history..dating back for at least 40,000 years.

So if you like UFO stuff plus mysteries a plenty Australia has got them by the truck load.

Ps for those who don't know, Australia is roughly the same size as mainland USA with only 20 million people.. 80% of whom live in seven major cities, clustered along the coastal ( fertile belt ).

So if I say there is lots and lots of empty space for UFO stuff to occur..you'd better believe me.
  • Reply 33 of 36
    Me and a friend were lying at the end of a pier some years back. It was about 2300, no lights for miles, so you could see every star clearly. Well, there were two supposed "stars", or rather, bright white dots, that were moving around... as if they were chasing each other. Couldn't explain it. We lay there and watched them for hours, walking back to where we were camping, we could still see them as we looked up.

I don't claim to know what the hell it was, and I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation somewhere... but we didn't have one at the time.

*shrugs*
  • Reply 34 of 36
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    The purplish after-image that Sammi Jo describes is what I saw when watching the Leonid swarm. The wake of the meteors' paths seems to have a phosphoresence to them, they were definitely not retinal after-images. If it were a LARGE enough meteor then it could have possibly displayed behaviour that you haven't normally observed.

A group of Russian space enthusiasts recently found the impact crater(s) of a recent meteorite strike somewhere in the region of Siberia. It apparently had the impact of a small atomic bomb, but occured in a desolate area. Probably not as big as the Tunguska blast of '02 but the news reports say that it was big.

*** Here's a link to the story ***

There's nothing evil or small-minded about possessing a healthy sense of skepticism. Dismissing opposing points of view is human nature and UFO believers are just as fast to damn nonbelievers as the nonbelievers are to laugh at the believers. It's just as "mentally ill" to condemn people who want hard facts instead of speculation.

The subject's been worn smooth by years of speculation though. Popular discussion.
  • Reply 35 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

A group of Russian space enthusiasts recently found the impact crater(s) of a recent meteorite strike somewhere in the region of Siberia. It apparently had the impact of a small atomic bomb, but occured in a desolate area. Probably not as big as the Tunguska blast of '02 but the news reports say that it was big.

So when will they post some images
  • Reply 36 of 36
    Quote:

So when will they post some images

Actually, you may find this of interest...

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_793482.html