McGriddles

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    [homer]mmmm.... griddle-cake and bacon deliciousnessss.[/homer]

Now if only McDonalds would partner up with KrispyKreme to give morning commuters the ultimate in good tasting, artery clogging cuisine!
  • Reply 22 of 26
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I haven't been inside a McDonald's (or any fast food restaurant for that matter) in years. I vow never to eat fast food again... I don't even think it qualifies as food. I'd rather go hungry, really.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Should I be impressed by this?
  • Reply 24 of 26
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    With a name like Luca, he must be enlightened. It's one of the unwavering rules of the modern world. Don't you watch ER??
  • Reply 25 of 26
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    [wetblanket]

Bacon, egg & cheese McGriddle:

Total (amt daily recommended):

calories: 450 (36)

fat: 23 (36)

saturated fat: 8 (38 )

Cholesterol: 240 (80)

Sodium: 1270 (53)

Carbs: 43 (15)

[/wetblanket]
  • Reply 26 of 26
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Well I had one today. In my best Catherine Zeta voice, "Naw-bad!" It's pretty much what I expected. The big attraction is that the sweetness of the pancake biscuits is a nice counter to the salty-ish egg, sausage, and cheese. It's sort of like when someone first got the idea to combine peanut butter and chocolate. I would even have preferred a bit more syrupy sweetness. They could even go really fancy and use something other than generic maple syrup as the flavor (think about all those fancy Starbucks flavorings that are added to the coffee...endless vanilla, butterscotch, and hazelnut concoctions...you get the picture). Yeah, they could milk this trend quite heartily with something like that! Speaking of milk, they should push the butta-milk action, too. Hell, put a reservior of freakin' butta-milk in there too waiting for you to bite into... I mean, a pancake isn't complete without the melting slice of butter, right?

I would also be curious if they tried a pancake biscuit with the consistency less "foamy" like generic pancakes, but more like toasted, deep-fried batter (talk about throwing the notion of healthy food into the wind, right?)- sort of like the buns on a Schlottsky's sandwich. Ah yes, that would be the Mercedes of MacGriddles...