Any comments on making the switch from PC?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Longhorn

useful lifespand and resell are two huge areas where Macs have an advantage.

the real difference is that Macs make using your computer enjoyable. you forget you're working on a computer. it actually works as an extension of yourself, and you find yourself forgetting that you're working on a computer.

granted it'll take at least 6 months before you reach this point, takes a while to unlearn Windows think. but one day you'll realize that your computer actually does what you think it should when it should, how it should. rather than fighting it, it will be helping you along your way.

it's hard to describe the difference between feeling that your computer is ready to screw you over at a moments notice vs. being something you can count on, but that's what it boils down to.

of course, people can have terrible experiences on either platform, so take what i wrote with a grain of salt, but this is the path that most switchers take. it's a wonderful road to walk down.

yeah, the macs are pretty user-friendly. xp isn't that bad though and the learning curve isn't much different anymore. os x seems to accomplish things you want in fewer clicks, though. anyhow, isn't Longhorn kind of a sinful handle for a mac faithful, Longhorn?
  • Reply 22 of 24
    longhornlonghorn Posts: 147member
    lol, when i registered it had a different meaning. appropriate now that i use both though.

hey, what can i say, i love computers, and i love to learn about them.

i'll check out longhorn when it comes out to see what it's like. how do you think i came across Mac OSX.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Longhorn

lol, when i registered it had a different meaning. appropriate now that i use both though.

hey, what can i say, i love computers, and i love to learn about them.

i'll check out longhorn when it comes out to see what it's like. how do you think i came across Mac OSX.

yes, longhorn does have some strikingly similar features to OS X. coincidental, of course. the funny part is that longhorn is similar to Jaguar (2002) and longhorn won't be released until 2005 or whatever, so imagine where os x will be then.

why on earth has MS previewed an OS not due for 2 more years? it seems strange.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

why on earth has MS previewed an OS not due for 2 more years? it seems strange.

copland