At least Poland is honest

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here's the link.



"We never said it was about anything other then oil"



Disgusting if you want my opinion.
«134

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 61
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    So far:



    UK: "Yes we lied to the public about the reasons for war"

    Poland: "We are in this for the money"

    Denmark: "We have to be good friends at any cost and support them in anything they want no matter what"



    Thats the Coalition of the Willing for you...
  • Reply 2 of 61
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Anders

    So far:



    UK: "Yes we lied to the public about the reasons for war"

    Poland: "We are in this for the money"

    Denmark: "We have to be good friends at any cost and support them in anything they want no matter what"

    Thats the Coalition of the Willing for you...




    Really ?\

    Ps Whatever happened to that old Viking spirit ?
  • Reply 3 of 61
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by aquafire

    Really ?\

    Ps Whatever happened to that old Viking spirit ?




    I guess Sweden have to make up for the awfulness of their cooks by preserving the collective spine of scandinavia. Right New and Harald?



    PS: It should have read:



    Denmark: "We have to be good friends with US at any cost and support them in anything they want no matter what"
  • Reply 4 of 61
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Anders

    I guess Sweden have to make up for the awfulness of their cooks by preserving the collective spine of scandinavia. Right New and Harald?





    Whats wrong with swedish cooks ? or is that an area to dangerous for words
  • Reply 5 of 61
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by aquafire

    Whats wrong with swedish cooks ? or is that an area to dangerous for words



    Ps actually.I take that back, my last partner was from the Gaut clan. She is a beautiful marine biologist and viking like you would understand. But her idea of cooking was to smother everything in molten cheese..

    And she also had some weird allergy to spices..so she hated my pasta dishes.

    Trouble is i have a weakness for Viking women.

    Why is the world so cruel Anders ?
  • Reply 6 of 61
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    To prove my point: Surströmning



    Best opened in a tub filled with water according to the more experienced of my friends.
  • Reply 7 of 61
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Anders

    To prove my point: Surströmning



    Best opened in a tub filled with water according to the more experienced of my friends.




    Good God Anders,

    Sounds like " Surstromnning " is necrophilia with a fish .

    I love rollmops & pickled herring by the the way..but this sounds a a bit too much even for me
  • Reply 8 of 61
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Murdering for oil is not acceptable.
  • Reply 9 of 61
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Why don't you go tell Mr. Bush.



    Atleast the Polish are honest...
  • Reply 10 of 61
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,448member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Harald

    Here's the link.



    "We never said it was about anything other then oil"



    Disgusting if you want my opinion.




    I know... look at how those folks in Europe act.



    And to think they wanted us to get their and UN approval for action.



    Nick
  • Reply 11 of 61
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by trumptman

    I know... look at how those folks in Europe act.



    And to think they wanted us to get their and UN approval for action.



    Nick




    (desperately tries to work out what this means ... )



    Nope.



    Don't know what that means.
  • Reply 12 of 61
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by bunge

    Murdering for oil is not acceptable.



    I agree with bunge on this one



    Fellowship
  • Reply 13 of 61
    nixinixi Posts: 49member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Harald

    (desperately tries to work out what this means ... )



    Nope.



    Don't know what that means.




    What it means, is that some people feel very self-conscious about the decisions made by the elected body governing their country. They shouldn't. That some-body heading their country wasn't even properly elected.
  • Reply 14 of 61
    nixinixi Posts: 49member
    Also

    Quote:

    Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

    I agree with bunge on this one



    ?because murdering for what exactly is acceptable in your Book, Fellows?
  • Reply 15 of 61
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by aquafire

    Whats wrong with swedish cooks ? or is that an area to dangerous for words







    Bork bork bork.
  • Reply 16 of 61
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by nixi

    ?because murdering for what exactly is acceptable in your Book, Fellows?



    Had it not been for oil, then it wouldn't necessarily be murder. A lot of people died in Afghanistan, but it wasn't murder in my book.



    Iraq on the other hand, looks bad.
  • Reply 17 of 61
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I think most people who supported the war would feel pretty upset if oil were the main reason for the war.
  • Reply 18 of 61
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by BuonRotto

    I think most people who supported the war would feel pretty upset if oil were the main reason for the war.



    It was not fought for oil.



    America is powerful enough to bend the will of nations to its agenda without the use of military force. How quickly people forget, that America ultimately brought the USSR to its knees by sheer economic clout....The USSR imploded with debt.



    The same goes with the " oil " issue. America ( if it wanted to ), could most certainly bring any resistance to its policies in the area to an ultimate halt.



    The only difference in using the economic leverage method of control is that it takes a lot longer..but it is ultimatey more cost effective....
  • Reply 19 of 61
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by aquafire

    America is powerful enough to bend the will of nations to its agenda without the use of military force. How quickly people forget, that America ultimately brought the USSR to its knees by sheer economic clout....The USSR imploded with debt.



    Uhh, HELLO? DID WE NOT PLUNGE OURSELVES INTO A MULTI-TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT IN THE PROCESS?



    All Father Odin I can't believe the ****ing blinders some people walk through life wearing.
  • Reply 20 of 61
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by aquafire

    The only difference in using the economic leverage method of control is that it takes a lot longer....



    Which is precisely the wrong way to go about getting elected.
Sign In or Register to comment.