Unemployment hits 6.4% (& The Economy)

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 129
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

Who do you think has more lobbying power?

Dan Rather*

or

News Corp.

*i leave the sprite-like couric alone for short while.

It's not about the lobbying. It's about the reporting and choice of story, inflection, labeling of views, etc. You can't honestly be telling me these people have no influence.
  • Reply 122 of 129
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    I'm not saying they don't have influence. What i am saying is that in the long run, lobbying creates a media structure that favors the corporations more then the people, and that in turn the board members, and executives, (and so on) they install and stories they choose are choose not to report on influence you more then anything katie* has to say.

*ooops. she's back.
  • Reply 123 of 129
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

I think you'd be surpirised at what anchors control. Many refuse to report stories and insist on others.

Are you trying to say it was the Dan Rathers of the world ignoring the FCC vote?
  • Reply 124 of 129
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Are you trying to say it was the Dan Rathers of the world ignoring the FCC vote?

ACTUALLY, that was not even close to anything I said.

Keyboard:

Quote:

I'm not saying they don't have influence. What i am saying is that in the long run, lobbying creates a media structure that favors the corporations more then the people, and that in turn the board members, and executives, (and so on) they install and stories they choose are choose not to report on influence you more then anything katie* has to say.

Board members? They don't choose stories. Please. The people on the air and in the newsrooms are the problem. They're the actual ones who are seen. Of course the corporations are interested in money. That doesn;t mean they're not liberal.
  • Reply 125 of 129
    Quote:

ACTUALLY, that was not even close to anything I said.

Yeah, but I have to guess at what you mean because you're not explicitly stating it, and you're avoiding my original question.
  • Reply 126 of 129
    Quote:

Yeah, but I have to guess at what you mean because you're not explicitly stating it, and you're avoiding my original question.

Nice try. If I haven't been clear about something, please let me know and I'll attempt to clarify. I don't seem to remember your original question...perhaps I missed it.
  • Reply 127 of 129
    Quote:

Nice try. If I haven't been clear about something, please let me know and I'll attempt to clarify. I don't seem to remember your original question...perhaps I missed it.

Quote:

If the media is so liberal, why didn't they put the news of the FCC's vote regarding media consolidation in the forefront?

• Reply 128 of 129
    Quote:

I'm not sure that supports your argument, but THEY DID. It was plastered everywhere....are you kidding me?
  • Reply 129 of 129
    Oh, and read this: From our oh-so honorable NYT. My God. (free registration required)

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/12/bu...partner=GOOGLE