Bad Intelligence. Uh oh

Comments

• Reply 21 of 271
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

originally posted by Der Kopf

Clinton hadn't done shitte for slightly above poverty level Asians and neither has Bush.

Asian you say..hmmm....that covers a lot of turf..including Russia, India & Israel...

So are you a Jewish Vietnamese Cossack from Rajistan...?
  • Reply 22 of 271
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Korean mostly, also Black Irish and Scotch Irish. But mostly Korean. All hail Kim Chee!!!
  • Reply 23 of 271
    Quote:

be on the lookout for reports of WOMD hidden in Anders' kickass high-bandwidth apartment..

sorry Ander's I just have to say it, don't forget about the human rights violations he's been performing on himself
  • Reply 24 of 271
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

sorry Ander's I just have to say it, don't forget about the human rights violations he's been performing on himself

Well the truth is that my cable is broad (and long) enough to do some serious damage to some seriously deep but willing pipe-lines so I guess its fair to call it a WoMD.

...Or do I misunderstand the combination of WoMDs and hardware above

PS: The above is of course partly incorrect.
  • Reply 25 of 271
  • Reply 26 of 271
    While I had various misgivings about the policy leading to the Iraq war; the removal from power, at a relatively low human cost, of one of the last genocidal psychopaths of the twentieth century, was most certainly a good thing.

A very good thing.
  • Reply 27 of 271
    Quote:

Originally posted by Immanuel Goldstein

While I had various misgivings about the policy leading to the Iraq war; the removal from power, at a relatively low human cost, of one of the last genocidal psychopaths of the twentieth century, was most certainly a good thing.

A very good thing.

Yep..that just about sums it all up...Pity America didn't do it for Hitler..and all the other apologists & appeasers of the third reich.

End of discussion Click....
  • Reply 28 of 271
    Yes, but the possibility of him still being alive and having got away with all that cash, and who knows what else may make Saddam even more dangerous. Hopefully he decides to retire peacefully at beachside villa in Argentina.
  • Reply 29 of 271
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Quote:

A very good thing.

Your disconnect with the current state of affairs and recent (100 years) history is alarming. You watch too much American television.
  • Reply 30 of 271
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Your disconnect with the current state of affairs and recent (100 years) history is alarming. You watch too much American television.

So perhaps you'd like to enlighten us....

But B4 you do that, you might want to take a peek at this.

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/atrox.htm

Click link for full details....

• Reply 31 of 271
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Quote:

A very good thing.

Rather than making pathetic attempts at guessing my lifestyle, would you care to elaborate as to where lies my alleged ?disconnect? from current affairs and recent history?

[And only because I'm feeling moderately good natured today, some information on the genocidal campaign known as Anfal .]
  • Reply 32 of 271
    Quote:

[B]Your disconnect with the current state of affairs and recent (100 years) history is alarming. You watch too much American television.

Judging by his tag name....1337..et al I can only guess his reciever/transmitter is a little bit bent..otherwise all that living in misty climes has fogged his brains...
  • Reply 33 of 271
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    who'd of thought that George W and Tony Blair would be associated with "lacking inteligence".
  • Reply 34 of 271
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to save the address of this thread, perhaps even archive it....so that the next time someone here tells me that AI isn't extradordinarly liberal I'll have it to reference.
  • Reply 35 of 271
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Good Lord SDW! You are joking right?
  • Reply 36 of 271
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to save the address of this thread, perhaps even archive it....so that the next time someone here tells me that AI isn't extradordinarly liberal I'll have it to reference.

Oh god that's rich!

Well, maybe not quite all 50 states.

PS. Still in check.
  • Reply 37 of 271
    longhornlonghorn Posts: 147member
    this thread seems liberal because only liberals are posting in it. nothing for Bush supporters to say. he was caught with his pants down regarding this intelligence report.

end of story.
  • Reply 38 of 271
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Longhorn

this thread seems liberal because only liberals are posting in it. nothing for Bush supporters to say. he was caught with his pants down regarding this intelligence report.

end of story.

Oh! I'm so speechless! Liar Liar pants on fire! Out the door in 2004!

You just don't get it. This story has been TAKEN AWAY by the White House. You don;t honestly think that Bush's teeam is going to let him take the fall on this, do you? Let's be real here.
  • Reply 39 of 271
    longhornlonghorn Posts: 147member
    Quote:

An intelligence consultant who was present at two White House briefings where the uranium report was discussed confirmed that the President was told the intelligence was questionable and that his national security advisors urged him not to include the claim in his State of the Union address.

"The report had already been discredited," said Terrance J. Wilkinson, a CIA advisor present at two White House briefings. "This point was clearly made when the President was in the room during at least two of the briefings."

Bush's response was anger, Wilkinson said.

"He said that if the current operatives working for the CIA couldn't prove the story was true, then the agency had better find some who could," Wilkinson said. "He said he knew the story was true and so would the world after American troops secured the country."

now granted we don't know for sure if the above quote is accurate, but it certainly sounds plausable.

odds are excellent that Bush knew the intel was shaky. he used it anyway. they are now confirming this intel wasn't true. Bush has egg on his face.

i've said nothing about elections or whether or not there will be a "witch hunt" or that he'll take the fall for anything.

i'm simply stating that there's no point for Bush supporters to comment/defend him in this instance because there's nothing to defend. unless of course you want to sink to the level of "it depends on what the definition of is is" type arguments.

politicians are human. Bush is not a saint. he can and will lie, or use information to further his agenda that he knows is sketchy at best. why are you defending that behavior?

odds are the only honest president we ever had was Carter, and look how well that worked for him.
  • Reply 40 of 271
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Oh! I'm so speechless! Liar Liar pants on fire! Out the door in 2004!

You just don't get it. This story has been TAKEN AWAY by the White House. You don;t honestly think that Bush's teeam is going to let him take the fall on this, do you? Let's be real here.

They may not have any choice!