BMW 6-series...very nice.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Now that more like it! Unlike the tacky re-design of the 5 series, this new 6 looks absolutely stunning.

http://www.bmwinfo.com/512.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    thttht Posts: 5,451member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

Now that more like it! Unlike the tacky re-design of the 5 series, this new 6 looks absolutely stunning.

http://www.bmwinfo.com/512.html

Hmm... looks a lot like the new 5 series except the roof line is lowered in the back due to the fact that it's a coupe. Sort of the same thing happened with the Infinita G35 sedan and coupe.
  • Reply 2 of 36
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    I like front view very very much. do you know if this will also be in a 4 door. ( i assume so) that to me would shore up the side view.)

(i feel the same about all 3 series too. 4 door or nothing.)

the interior is amazing too...
  • Reply 3 of 36
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by THT

Hmm... looks a lot like the new 5 series except the roof line is lowered in the back due to the fact that it's a coupe.

Not really...the headlights are much more understated. Aggressive but not overkill like the new 5 which borders on looking like a Mazda.
  • Reply 4 of 36
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'd drive that.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    As a driver of a pre-CB BMW, I feel it's time to say it again...

Die, Bangle, DIE!!
  • Reply 6 of 36
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Nicest BMW I've seen in a while. Except I think the Cleopatra-eyes headlights don't quite fit. All the other edges and curves resolve themselves in the chassis nicely, but those just sort of hang out there.
  • Reply 7 of 36
    Just what I've always wanted ... a Hyundai front end, a Grand Prix body, and a 7-Series trunk lid.

Money better spent on a used M-Coupe, or an old M6.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Nicest BMW I've seen in a while. Except I think the Cleopatra-eyes headlights don't quite fit. All the other edges and curves resolve themselves in the chassis nicely, but those just sort of hang out there.

1) It doesn't look like a BMW

2) Edges and curves do not resolve nicely...the most glaring example is the trunk lid, but the hood is also a mishmash of curves and edges.

3) the seams that bend toward the wheel well and intersect the door...or the ones above the grille that are disjoint with the ones on the side of the headlamps.

etc, etc.
  • Reply 9 of 36
    Well, I don't especially care if it "looks like" a BMW, and I kind of like the whole hood-trunk mass. Looks like two masses intersecting -- the hood-trunk-roof mass and the fender-door mass. But then again, I also like the RSX and the Mazda 6.
  • Reply 10 of 36
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    great design, IMO. i am now considering it for my next car, as long as the engine is above-average. i cant decide between the 6-series, the M3 and the S4...

man i love all these new cars being released--it's a great time to be a car enthusiast.
  • Reply 11 of 36
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Blaw Blaw Blaw.... Bunch of critics here who can't design a paper bag.

Beautiful Car.. I will take two..

Fellows 8)
  • Reply 12 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Blaw Blaw Blaw.... Bunch of critics here who can't design a paper bag.

Beautiful Car.. I will take two..

Fellows 8)

13" x 15.375" x 6"

Material: recyclable kraft paper, paper handle
  • Reply 13 of 36
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

13" x 15.375" x 6"

Material: recyclable kraft paper, paper handle

hahahahaha

Tell ya what You can drive beautiful paper masterpiece above and I will still take two BMW's

Deal?

Nahhh.... me being silly? NEVER!

Fellows
  • Reply 14 of 36
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Nice Maxima!
  • Reply 15 of 36
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    As a diehard BMW fan and owner of many; from a the 3 series all the way to 750il (great but fussy btw) This thing leaves me cold I am wondering if it was just photographed badly sometimes a car that is dead sexy in person is ugly when photographed. Like the Aztek... no wait not good expample I'll think of one give me a minute.\
  • Reply 16 of 36
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    A grand prix with nice detailing. Not bad, but not really good either.
  • Reply 17 of 36
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

A grand prix with nice detailing.

ugh...nothing could be that bad. no BMW EVER deserves to be compared with a grand prix in any way, no matter how flawed it might be--or what kind of crash it might have been through.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    I get the feeling that we're dealing with another "cult" a la the leave-OS-9-kicking-and-screaming crowd, and that a lot of people even outside that group see BMWs as more, uh, high-end than I do. They don't sell Civics, but BMW 3 series is only a step up, and the 5 series is just above the Accord IMO. If you want total elegance, well, there isn't much left after the big mergers of the 90's.
  • Reply 19 of 36
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I get the feeling that we're dealing with another "cult" a la the leave-OS-9-kicking-and-screaming crowd, and that a lot of people even outside that group see BMWs as more, uh, high-end than I do. They don't sell Civics, but BMW 3 series is only a step up, and the 5 series is just above the Accord IMO. If you want total elegance, well, there isn't much left after the big mergers of the 90's.

Well that's not strictly true, BMW is privately held by the Quandt family.
  • Reply 20 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

ugh...nothing could be that bad. no BMW EVER deserves to be compared with a grand prix in any way, no matter how flawed it might be--or what kind of crash it might have been through.

The new Grand Prix is actually based on the Holden Monaro...Aussie-built. Relative to each other, the Bimmer is unfortunately not much better than the Monaro lookswise.