Indirect Oil Profits in Iraq

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 158
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Fine. I will stop calling the sky blue.

Ha! You're an idiot for calling the sky blue. There's nothing to see here. There are no *facts* that say the sky is blue. I'm sorry if you find that "INCONVENIENT". We have thin air and black space. Where's the blue? Please PROVE it to me.
  • Reply 142 of 158
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

OH GOD YOU ARE SO STUPID! WHAT IS THE RATE OF THE LOAN TO IRAQ? HOW MUCH MONEY UNDER WHAT TERMS? IF YOU CAN'T TELL ME THEN YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF PROFIT. GIVE IT UP. BUNGE MADE IT UP. HE'S A LIAR JUST LIKE YOU!

How old are you?
  • Reply 143 of 158
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Prove that this is going to be an interest free loan. Otherwise shut the hell up. Any standard loan has interest attached. What you are hoping for is a special case where there is no interest attached. Since you are banking on the abnormality, the ball is in your court to prove that.

No. The burden of proof is on Bunge. But he and you can't prove it because you are liars. Bunge read an article about a secured loan and his knee jerk anti-americanism kicked in and he made up the rest.

You and bunge have shown nothing at all. It's your assumption that the loan will result in a profit.

Just admit you have no reason to believe that this is a "profit" making loan for the US.
  • Reply 144 of 158
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

No. The burden of proof is on Bunge.

To anyone else reading, I would like to repeat myself.

First, if this is an interest free loan (and I'll concede that there is a chance that it is, just as I'll concede that there is a slight chance that Bush went to war solely for the sake of profit and nepotism) I would gladly come back and quote any article that shows this to be the case.

In lieu of this article, I have to say it's safe to assume that any bank giving a loan, even one guaranteed by oil, and especially from a bank that explicitly states that it loans money for a profit, would do so for a profit.

But even in the event that this loan is interest free, the system in place that actually structures what the loan can or can't be used for, supports the point of this thread. That the U.S., or at least specific companies, stand to make billions off of this war in Iraq.
  • Reply 145 of 158
    Just admit you're wrong.
  • Reply 146 of 158
    Oh and Bunge just to keep that hamster running on that wheel in your head at full speed ... it's possible that there is a rate on the loan and they still lose money on it.
  • Reply 147 of 158
    Quote:

No. The burden of proof is on Bunge. But he and you can't prove it because you are liars. Bunge read an article about a secured loan and his knee jerk anti-americanism kicked in and he made up the rest.

You and bunge have shown nothing at all. It's your assumption that the loan will result in a profit.

Just admit you have no reason to believe that this is a "profit" making loan for the US.

Why haven't you been banned yet? Shit, ena wasn't as bad as you are.
  • Reply 148 of 158
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    There isn't a single mention of interest rates in the original story. Kind of hard to counter facts that don't exist.
  • Reply 149 of 158
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

There isn't a single mention of interest rates in the original story. Kind of hard to counter facts that don't exist.

Unless it states explicitly "interest free", it's pretty safe to assume that there will be interest on a LOAN.
  • Reply 150 of 158
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Feel free to go to the bank's website where the explicitly state that they give loans at interest rates for a profit. I already provided the link in the thread.
  • Reply 151 of 158
    Just admit you are wrong, jumped to a conclusion you could not prove and you'll be more careful in the future.
  • Reply 152 of 158
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

Why haven't you been banned yet?

'nuff said

Quote:

Feel free to go to the bank's website where the explicitly state that they give loans at interest rates for a profit.

while true, the loans to Iraq are probably different than the loans set up for Mr. and Ms. Smith.

i don't know that we can assume that this loan will be the same as the others.

the problem is we need to know things we don't.

1. normal interest rates from this bank

2. interest rates offered to Iraq

3. risk involved in this loan relative to other loans

those three make up the underlying interest rates offered. we know none of them.
  • Reply 153 of 158
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

the problem is we need to know things we don't.

1. normal interest rates from this bank

2. interest rates offered to Iraq

3. risk involved in this loan relative to other loans

those three make up the underlying interest rates offered. we know none of them.

#1 is available on their site.

#2 is an unknown.

#3 is somewhat known, since the loan is backed by oil. Oil would have to become seriously deflated for a serious risk to occur.

As for #2, this thread has pointed out many other ways in which the U.S. or specific U.S. companies stand to profit indirectly off of the war. So, in the event that this is an interest free loan, the point still stands.
  • Reply 154 of 158
    Plus others forget that Iraq couldn't get a loan from anyone at all these days. The fact that a US bank did loan them money, secured by the one thing that Iraq has of value, is a credit to the effort.

The Import Export Bank is not your run of the mill JP Morgan or CitiBank. It's sole purpose is to facilitate trade between the US and others.
  • Reply 155 of 158
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Scott,

Ya wanna stop the childish bullshit and act like someone your current age?

Not only do you weaken your argument by showing your immaturity you also bring down the quality of the board.

If you can't participate in an argument without calling someone an idiot or stupid, or typing all caps, or using any other personal insults its a problem and it will have to be dealt with.
  • Reply 156 of 158
    If you want me to stop calling it as I sees it I will.

I'm still waiting for the highly respected members of this board to weigh in with their considerable intellect and sound reasoning of the known facts in this situation to actually prove something close the statement in the title of this thread.

Otherwise their good name maybe be sullied by an opportunist.
  • Reply 157 of 158
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    thank you for your cooperation.

any further incidents in thsi thread and any other thread will result in the thread just being closed. Don't got time to baby sit and edit individual posts here and try make sure everyone is happy.
  • Reply 158 of 158
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

thank you for your cooperation.

any further incidents in thsi thread and any other thread will result in the thread just being closed. Don't got time to baby sit and edit individual posts here and try make sure everyone is happy.

You just gave him a license to close any thread he doesn't like.