What do you think about Halo coming to mac?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2002/07/12/halo/

The first time I played this game, I thought "Wow." Awesome graphics, a well though plot, and an epic soundtrack make this game shine. This is so good that I don't care that it's a M$FT product. It's simply awesome, and slaughtering aliens with a mouse will be 10X better than with those unwieldy Xbox controllers. It's coming out by September, and I'm expecting a sub-$50 pricetag. What do you gamers think?

EDIT: this page says that Halo for mac will natively support the Cinema HD's resolution!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i can't wait to play!

but i doubt i'll be purchasing it, i'm really pissed that i had to wait these extra years because MS bought out bungie or whatever...seriously wtf is that, man does that make me pissed

placebo...you didn't vote?
  • Reply 2 of 30
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I can't wait. Ast3r3x, don't be angry about it not being out for mac, it's not out for PC either. Yeah,. the Bungie purchase was sad.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I can't wait. Ast3r3x, don't be angry about it not being out for mac, it's not out for PC either. Yeah,. the Bungie purchase was sad.

not be mad? it was demo'd at a macworld! it was sweet, and was going to be out on mac first...it was one of the real games that mac users would have had that wasn't on a 3months or greater delay for PC

did MicroSoft REALLY have to steal HALO? they could have done any game but the just wanted to make me pissed off at them

f*** you MS!

eh least it supports good resolutions...even though 1600x1200 looks stupid on my display, 1280x1024 is the best i run at
  • Reply 4 of 30
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I will be stealing it because I can...

never really was a gamer and probably wouldn't have bothered if M$ didn't swipe it... should be interesting to play to say the least...
  • Reply 5 of 30
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Just get an XBOX and be done with it. The only thing they ever did right.

And I have PS2, GameCube and Sega Dreamcast...don't mess around with Macs or PCs for games unless you want some of the more complex simulations that a crisp display and large keyboard can help with.
  • Reply 6 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

I will be stealing it because I can...

never really was a gamer and probably wouldn't have bothered if M$ didn't swipe it... should be interesting to play to say the least...

yeah i'm not really a gamer either, i am not even sure i'll like it because i only like more realistic tom clancy games but it did look sweet when they demoed it and well it looked sweet on xbox...hopefully it will look better on computers because they are more powerful
  • Reply 7 of 30
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    I can't wait till it comes out to mac. Even the little bit that I have played at friends house is awesome.
  • Reply 8 of 30
    oh even if it had come out on the mac first, it wouldn't have changed the state of gaming on the mac at all.

I'm over it.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

oh even if it had come out on the mac first, it wouldn't have changed the state of gaming on the mac at all.

I'm over it.

i think it would have helped a good deal actually. it might have inspired other big game publishers to go mac first, or mac simultaneous.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

i think it would have helped a good deal actually. it might have inspired other big game publishers to go mac first, or mac simultaneous.

eh perhaps but probably not, it wouldn't have changed anything really but guess what...it would have made me happy; and at the end of the day isn't that really all that matters?
  • Reply 11 of 30
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Face it, the only thing that's going to get more games on the Mac is more market share, and the only thing that's gonna get more market share is more games, and the only thing that's gonna get more games is more marketshare, and...
  • Reply 12 of 30
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I don't know about that. Other factors, faster computers like the G5 or example, and near equal/superior framerates with PC's will draw in developers and therefore help capture some of the gaming market. But yea, there have to be games to play.

Counter-Strike for Mac!!!! Bring it already!!!
  • Reply 13 of 30
    rara Posts: 623member
    Too little, too late. I was looking forward to this YEARS ago. Who cares anymore... Bring on Doom 3.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    The only game I lust is Exposé
  • Reply 15 of 30
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I can picture it now. Play a game of Pop-up popper. Level 1 GO!!!

Ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!!!!!

*Note* The above is in written in Ebby-ese and probably won't make sense to mere mortals.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    The article linked above is from july 2002.
  • Reply 17 of 30
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Halo was originally shown at Macworld 99. If it had come out in 2000 (even 2001) it would have made a much bigger impact. Now Mac/PC users are waiting for big name sequels: Doom 3/Half-Life 2/Deus Ex 2.
  • Reply 18 of 30
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ra

Too little, too late. I was looking forward to this YEARS ago. Who cares anymore... Bring on Doom 3.

And John Carmack himself said that Mac OS X was the ideal game developement platform.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

And John Carmack himself said that Mac OS X was the ideal game developement platform.

AMEN.
  • Reply 20 of 30
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Just curious: What on Earth make the Mac an ideal game dev platform? It's not like the Mac is spoiled for IDEs or anything(?)