America's Army

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Can you post the torrent?
  • Reply 23 of 29
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    It's also available for free on MacGameFiles. The $5.95 fee is for downloading the game through Akamai... y'know, the people who do Apple's file-download/streaming services? You're basically paying for a stable, fast download of the game, rather than waiting on BitTorrent or MGF to catch up with several hundred downloads.

Since I'm on dialup, I think I'll just wait.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Can anyone post the torrent?
  • Reply 25 of 29
    scotioscotio Posts: 40member
    I have it. I actually does not run too badly on my TiBook 800. A little choppy, but very playable. If you are a fan of FPS, and like a little realism (well, as near as you can get from the comfort of your own living room) you should check it out.

Lots and lots of fun!
  • Reply 26 of 29
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kesh

It's also available for free on MacGameFiles. The $5.95 fee is for downloading the game through Akamai... y'know, the people who do Apple's file-download/streaming services? You're basically paying for a stable, fast download of the game, rather than waiting on BitTorrent or MGF to catch up with several hundred downloads.

Since I'm on dialup, I think I'll just wait.

i got it in a little over an hour from bittorrent...stable fast...no 5.95
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Thanks for that link Ti Fighter. Ast3r3x can you post your BT linkage bro.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    its also up on apples site with a link but its really slow

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...perations.html

it's weird though the one i downloaded from the other site didn't work for me. I launch it and the logo comes up and it just hangs with a spinning wheel o' death and then quits itself.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Finally got it! Looks great! Runs acceptably smooth on my mini Powerbook. But this rigid training and being online business is annoying. If my dad is the webmaster for the Army Corps of Engineers does that count as getting me a Army Icon? That would be cool. He's contracted so I don't know...and the email isn't .us.army.mil it's usace.army.mil. His site is usace.army.mil. Safari butchers it...