Dusty Baker is not a very smart man. (Don't wanna get SUED ya know)

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

whoa hoss! i was just adding to the conversation. the ratings were the overnights. i was frankly surprised they were down. don't jump down my throat.

relax. i was joking.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Yeesh, is Ken Griffey, Jr. made of glass? That really sucks for him...
  • Reply 43 of 54
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Sorry, I'm just a depressed Mets fan. Yankees fans have it so good. To see them complain that Clemens didn't get a real spot seems a little childish.

I do believe a met was added due to a NL injury..... forgetting who it was though
  • Reply 44 of 54
    Benitez was the only Met. Wasn't added because of an injury, he was one of the original pitchers selected... mostly because of the "every team gets an all-star" rule.

Now according to my Mets-fan friends, he will flourish in pinstripes.
  • Reply 45 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by ironchef82

Benitez was the only Met. Wasn't added because of an injury, he was one of the original pitchers selected... mostly because of the "every team gets an all-star" rule.

could have sworn the Daily News had mentioned another Met being selected sometime last week. Perhaps I'm getting confused with trade news though.
  • Reply 46 of 54
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ironchef82

As often as that seems to happen (Melvin Mora?) I doubt Benitez will suddenly become a super-star. He had big-game probems in Baltimore, too, long before he came to the Mets. The lower stress of being #2 in the bullpen will probably help him, but I still wouldn't want to see him pitching the eighth inning of a tied Game 7 for my team.

What the heck is it with the Mets, anyway? You could fill two All-Star teams with guys they traded away or let go, yet almost every star imported to Shea (Piazza being the notable exception) ends up looking like a bush-leaguer. We must be cursed...
  • Reply 47 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

What the heck is it with the Mets, anyway? You could fill two All-Star teams with guys they traded away or let go, yet almost every star imported to Shea (Piazza being the notable exception) ends up looking like a bush-leaguer. We must be cursed...

GOOD.

signed,

-a cub fan-

(1969 never forgive, never forget)

• Reply 48 of 54
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

GOOD.

signed,

-a cub fan-

(1969 never forgive, never forget)

Dude, every time I talk to a Cubs fan, the conversation doesn't go fo 5 minutes until he mentions 1969. Get over it! You'll have plenty more spilled milk to cry over with D. Bake!
  • Reply 49 of 54
    Mets need to make like the Cubs and draft some bad ass young pitching, easier said than done of course, rather than throwing money at overpriced over the hill big bat types who are not well rounded ballplayers ala Vaughn and Floyd and perhaps Burnitz etc. Even Piazza, great hitter but he is the personification of Ass as a catcher. They should have moved him to first a long as time ago, stupid HR record or not. Get some guys who are well rounded ball players rather than DH types. That's the same shit that was and is draggin the Rangers down although at least they seem to started figuring it out by dumping IRod, and trying to dump JuanGone and Palmeiro.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    More on Selig. Randy Smith is a sports columnist in one of our local papers. He describes the commissioner's job this way:

Quote:

The job description includes attending a lot of games, eating a lot of hot dogs, making a lot of bone-headed decisions and keeping Pete Rose out of the Hall of Fame.

• Reply 51 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by zaphod_beeblebrox

More on Selig. Randy Smith is a sports columnist in one of our local papers. He describes the commissioner's job this way:

bud routinely downs dogs at the same hot dog joint every day in milwaukee. he loves the dogs in and out of the ballpark.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Cubs fans are the biggest pack of dumb ass losers the world has ever known. They have to come to terms with the fact that they are Wrigley Field fans, the baseball team sucks, and they will never win again because the owner knows that dumb ass cubs fans will always buy tickets to see minor league ball in a historic major league park.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Cubs fans are the biggest pack of dumb ass losers the world has ever known. They have to come to terms with the fact that they are Wrigley Field fans, the baseball team sucks, and they will never win again because the owner knows that dumb ass cubs fans will always buy tickets to see minor league ball in a historic major league park.

cough.... Red Sox... cough
  • Reply 54 of 54
    was al franken sued when he wrote the book rush limbaugh is a big fat idiot: and other observations? it was a bestseller.