Apple G5 PRO Keyboard & PRO Mouse

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    I agree with barto. I mean, if Apple were gonna introduce a new keyboard and mouse the obvious time to do so would have been when they launched the G5. Any later and you are gonna have all the folks who bought the first G5s pissed off becausse they were shipped the old gear. i don see Apple surpising current purchasrs either in August with new keyboard and mouse. That would not be fair either. You have to tell people what they are buying in advance. I think people get a bit carried away with the 'innovation' side of Apple. Just because the innovate it doesnt mean they are obsesive about innovating. The LCD screens for example are really good as they are. No need to change. The just launched the new 20" for chirsts sake! I think they have innovated more than enough for 1 year!
  • Reply 22 of 35
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Apple has great computers and screens but their keyboards and mice since the original iMac have been nothing short of complete suckage.

What crappened?
  • Reply 23 of 35
    craig12cocraig12co Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

The Pro Kbd/Mouse is dead.

The G5 devnote says that it comes with an Apple Kbd/Mouse, non-Pro.

There is no uncertainty about this, anywhere you see "Pro" is a typo.

Barto

Um, I am no lawyer, but I think anywhere you see Pro Keyboard and Pro Mouse could also be considered False Advertisiing. Apple needs to decide which is shipping (and I do agree it's probably likely NOT the Pro models) and make it very clear. I think the inconsistency is actually kinda strange. Maybe even a bit fishy...
  • Reply 24 of 35
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    The "Pro" and "Non-Pro" are basically the same.

Both suck.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

The "Pro" and "Non-Pro" are basically the same.

Both suck.

now, but later this should change
  • Reply 26 of 35
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    Quote:

Originally posted by VanDeWaals

lol...well kinda. It's not really see-sawing...just very springy. Does anyone else notice this too? I don't think it's broken, but the space bar is definitely "softer" for lack of a better word.

I fixed the keyboard...I had put the spacebar in backwards

So now that it's functioning properly, I think it's a pretty nice keyboard. The white looks nice, and the keys feel pretty solid. And I'm so happy that I have a separate numeric keypad again .

As far as aesthetics go. I think it makes a nice contrast with the alu of the new PBook and PMacs.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Maybe they should start advertising it:

"The new Apple Pro Keyboard...the world's fastest, most powerful personal keyboard."

Nah. How about:

"The new Apple Pro Keyboard...it still sucks."

or

"The new Apple Pro Keyboard...only the name has changed."
  • Reply 28 of 35
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    next time you see the powermac commercials look at the keyboard...they are that standard set kind that appeared in that banner at the one apple store

...unless thats just a prop keyboard
  • Reply 29 of 35
    hmm, what do you guys think, should I get the non-pro "emac" one (I haven't seen it yet) or the old pro white? Hmmm maybe I will get the pro white and then take my keys off my broken black key one and put em on...na thats just silly
  • Reply 30 of 35
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i guess i'll ge the white with my g5...i need an old black so i cna make checkered key pattern
  • Reply 31 of 35
    woh thats a great idea!!
  • Reply 32 of 35
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    so I got the non pro white one. It's basicly the same as my old pro one, It's got a better angle too. I don't get what made the other one "pro" its got all the same keys. The thing thats weird is that its open in a couple of spots, gonna need to dust it alot.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

i guess i'll ge the white with my g5...i need an old black so i cna make checkered key pattern

Jesus....I'd go cross-eyed typing on a keyboard like that

It WOULD look cool I agree...but it would totally screw me up. My typing is crappy to begin with anyway.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

so I got the non pro white one. It's basicly the same as my old pro one, It's got a better angle too. I don't get what made the other one "pro" its got all the same keys. The thing thats weird is that its open in a couple of spots, gonna need to dust it alot.

what did you do with your old keyboard...

how did it break?

do ANY of the keys work?

I bet if you let it dry it will work good as new...
  • Reply 35 of 35
    we'll its sitting right next to me right now.

I spilled water on it

most work except for the left:shift,control,option,apple,and space bar

Maybe, Its been a few days, I even took the top plastic off to take a peek but gave up quickly, I read a thing online, its a pain in the ass to take these things completely apart.

The new one looks better surprisingly.