Best Pizza Toppings

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Crusty Thick Base :

Tomatoes, Anchovies, Black olives, blue vein cheese, Mozzarella, Basil, Capers, all smothered with super HOT chiliiii-sss.

Washed down with Diet Coke..( a catalytic convertor for fat & grease )

Comments

• Reply 1 of 49
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Didn't we do this thread already? Yes, I think we did.
  • Reply 2 of 49
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Didn't we do this thread already? Yes, I think we did.

Nah..we did donuts..breakfasts, cool drinks ....but maybe your right...I just remember ..man the acid reflux is killin me...
  • Reply 3 of 49
    yeah we did pizza about two months ago
  • Reply 4 of 49
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Two threads are better than one, especially with food.
  • Reply 5 of 49
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Thick crust, cheese, and red peppers. With lots of marinara sauce to dip it in of course.

Beautiful simplicity.
  • Reply 6 of 49
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Sausage, pepperoni, olives and mushrooms. Thick Crust. Unfortunately, there are no decent pizza places where I live.
  • Reply 7 of 49
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Pineapple & Canadian Bacon.. Thick crust!

• Reply 8 of 49
    Hmm... my pizzas these days come with: pepperoni, sausage, bacon (regular) and green pepper, with donair sauce (evaporated milk, sugar, vinegar and garlic) for dipping. Here in Wellington, there's no such thing as thin crust, cheeses other than mozzarella, or herbs and spices. But it's good stuff.

I also like McCain International frozen pizzas, which have thin crust. The Mexican is especially good. Refried beans, beef, hot peppers, black olives and red onions.

Edit: Forgot a pretty nice one: King Of Donair barbecued chicken pizza. 'Barbecued chicken', with the barbecue sauce. One slice is too much.

Things I won't have on my pizza include ham, pineapple, and to a lesser extent, mushrooms.
  • Reply 9 of 49
    nebulousnebulous Posts: 193member
    Thin crust with motzerella, sliced tomatoes, and pesto. Mmmm - it's good to be a vegetarian
  • Reply 10 of 49
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I'm a pizza person, It's one of my favorite foods, and in that I like to try many new combinations.

The latest thing I've tried, and also the best

Pineapples, Jalepenos and optional olives.

very very good.
  • Reply 11 of 49
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

I'm a pizza person, It's one of my favorite foods, and in that I like to try many new combinations.

The latest thing I've tried, and also the best

Pineapples, Jalepenos and optional olives.

very very good.

Pineapple is the work of the pizza devil

Now this is the juice:

Tomatoes, cheese, onions olives, japanelos and sharwarma. Bake. Then arrange with lettuce and a few small cut tomatoes and salad dressing on top of the pizza.

Enjoy
  • Reply 12 of 49
    Donair Pizza! Man, I haven't had one of those in years. If anyone here lives in Halifax I'll send you some money to Fedex me one from King of Donairs or Freeman's. There is nothing better than Donair "meat".
  • Reply 13 of 49
    It is all about the Chicago style pizza. Pizzeria Uno, I am your bitch.

Tomatoes, a must have for any self respecting pizza. Any pizza that hasn't topped itself with tomatoes or mushrooms should be shot on the spot.
  • Reply 14 of 49
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Uno is now a chain. I'm afrightened. I remember my 1st time in Chicago, walking into Uno, they almost had to roll me out, soooo gooooood,

Best topping, cheddar, mozzarella, monterey jack, onions, peppers, bacon.

no, em, pesto, mozzarella, ricotta, red onions, red & yellow peppers, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, fresh garlic
  • Reply 15 of 49
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    the best pizza is the one i make myself. no toppings, just basic pizza ingredients: dough, mozz, and sauce. there are also some damn fine pizza places near me. occasionally i'll go with a pepperoni topping, but most of the time its gotta be plain. pizza is perfect as it is, and those extras detract from its inherent goodness. also, i tend to favor thinner pizzas.
  • Reply 16 of 49
    To any of you guys who live in California, there's a great wood-fired pizza place in a small town near Santa Cruz. Even their garlic bread is pizza!

edit: As it turns out, it's not in a small town. It's in San Jose. I went their at night, though, so I couldn't see any of the signs(not that I was paying attention).

edit again: It's not in San Jose either, it's in Los Gatos, but their is one in San Jose.

edit again again: There's one not too far away from Cupertino. Next time I head that way, I can get great pizza and check out Apple's campus!
  • Reply 17 of 49
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

...... Unfortunately, there are no decent pizza places where I live.

This is grounds for refugee status.. Quick, apply for asylum..This is cultural cruelty

Don't think anyone would refuse a guy who can't get good Pizza.....
  • Reply 18 of 49
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Crunchy bacon and green peppers. Mmmmm.
  • Reply 19 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

To any of you guys who live in California, there's a great wood-fired pizza place in a small town near Santa Cruz. Even their garlic bread is pizza!

They actually have a website too.

http://www.willowstreet.com/home.html

And aquafire, it's not like it's a long ways a way for a decent pizza(well, yeah, it is, but it's only about a 45 minute drive to a great pizza place). Of course, when you live in a town of 28,000, you have to leave town to get anything past groceries and cell phones. Hell, we don't even have Wal-Mart.

Yet somehow we have four cell phone showrooms.
  • Reply 20 of 49
    Quote:

Donair Pizza! Man, I haven't had one of those in years. If anyone here lives in Halifax I'll send you some money to Fedex me one from King of Donairs or Freeman's. There is nothing better than Donair "meat".

Quote:

Mac The Fork

I'm not really in Halifax, but I have connections in the city who might be able to hook you up, if you're serious.

I've never had donair pizza from KoD (and I've never been to Freeman's). How do they do it? Is it just the regular stuff, except with donair meat?