Will Apple some day reach 50% of OS market?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ?:

<strong>

Do you know how huge a company Apple would have to become in order to serve them in even a half-assed way? Do you realize that by definition a company that big will be less nimble and less able to meet market demands for creative, elegantly designed products?

]</strong><hr></blockquote>

True. As I mentioned, I'm not sure Jobs is interested in getting that big. When he said he wanted to tap into the other 95% I think he hopes to just get another 10-15%.

But a couple of key points must be made with regards to Apple's future success. Yes they can continue producing really cool products like the iPod and yes the whole speed thing is over-rated.

But the biggest issue is price. A consumer will spend a little more to get the best, but let's try to be a bit more competitive. And I don't buy this crap about most PC's not having Firewire or Gigabit ethernet (most won't even need it).

It's one thing to charge a premium for a unified and better complete solution, but another story to gouge us.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    [quote]

At this point, I would rather see OSX for Intel than being stuck on the PPC. If this happened, you would see nearly 50% market share saturation in a few years with OSX.<hr></blockquote>

I can't see developers bothering to write their x86 apps for 2 different operating systems. They'll just say go Windows if you want this. And it came with the machine anyway so why not.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    I love the people who scream "EVERYTHING FOR EVERYONE!"

Hello? 72 different models of Performa was bad.

I don't want Apple to design and sell everything, I want them to do what they choose to well. Something MS and Intel have trouble with.