iPOD updates???

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jingo

Special Alert to Placebo! You capitalised iPod right, but got capitalisation incorrect. It's capitalisation, not capitialisation. I don't mind much, but if you're going to be so snippy over other people's typing, you should at least get things right yourself!!

It's the thought that counts.
  • Reply 22 of 38
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jingo

Special Alert to Placebo! You capitalised iPod right, but got capitalisation incorrect. It's capitalisation, not capitialisation. I don't mind much, but if you're going to be so snippy over other people's typing, you should at least get things right yourself!!

Actually, its neither. No offense Jingo, but I think that it would be wise, as a Junior Member, not to stick your neck out to far. Just a tip. I got slaughtered a Junior member.

(Yes, johnq, I saw yours.)
  • Reply 23 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by jante99

You can. Get Griffin Technologies new radio recorder TIVO like device.

Radio Shark:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/pro...ark/index.html

Set it to record all the NPR programs. Then copy the MP4s over to your iPod. It isn't live but most NPR coverage isn't breaking news anyways.

Oh and there really isn't a NPR station. Local non-profit stations syndicate NPR for a hefty fee. They pay per program with All Things Considered and Morning Edition costing the most.

Just thought I'd like to ad my 2cents here: NPR sucks.

Good Day
  • Reply 24 of 38
    jingojingo Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Actually, its neither. No offense Jingo, but I think that it would be wise, as a Junior Member, not to stick your neck out to far. Just a tip. I got slaughtered a Junior member.

That's so childish that it's not worth responding to. Get yourself a life, mate!
  • Reply 25 of 38
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

(Yes, johnq, I saw yours.)

Try and take a look at where he lives. Hint: they don't use z's as much as Americans.
  • Reply 26 of 38
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by eddively

Just thought I'd like to ad my 2cents here: NPR sucks.

Good Day

Why? they don't play enough P.diddy for you?
  • Reply 27 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

Why? they don't play enough P.diddy for you?

Haha, well, while I do like Rap...and rock..and etc.. I am also very political, especially for an 18 year old. I dunno, I guess I just have a problem with the principle of a government funded radio station that is so liberal and biased. I'm not saying Rush Limbaugh is the "man" or th EIB network is perfect, but--NPR is muy mal.

P.S. woulda been funnier if you woulda said something like, "why'd they scam you short of your fitty cent?"

haha. just thought of that..mm smile.
  • Reply 28 of 38

I like NPR(KCRW) because they have some good live concert series, and chocolate city and their other late night stuff is great chill/driving music.

I don't listen to the talkative bits, because frankly I'm not that into politics, I know what I know, and learn what I think I should, but I don't really like being too political, because I hate arguing politics it's always such a waste of time.

what's the damn deal with 50 cent? who cares if he is a thug that was shot like 9 times, he isn't a very good rapper, and his album sounds like it was made with a casio keyboard one might find at radioshack.
  • Reply 29 of 38
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Quote:

what's the damn deal with 50 cent?

I ask that question to myself alllllllll the time....

\
  • Reply 30 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

I ask that question to myself alllllllll the time....

\

Maybe its just me and I am a teen, but fitty cent is fly.

haha jk. but i do like his songs. (i have in da club, and another single on my cell phone as my ringers.)

ahh the joy of fitty. you know..it takes a real man to get shot 7 times in the head and not die.

(DMX and Eminem are better though.)
  • Reply 31 of 38
    Yeah, but his history and past behind him...he isn't a good rapper, he's not terrible, but he certainly lacks a lot in his raps.(love you like a fat kid loves cake...what the hell is that!!

I'll take guru or gift of gab over him anyday.
  • Reply 32 of 38
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Quote:

..it takes a real man to get shot 7 times

Don't know what his story is but some would say a person shot 7 times is not a "real man" but in fact, an idiot constantly putting himself in situations that result in violence.

Maybe fiddy(50 cents) is a good thing to have around. He makes for a good filter.

keyf12<--- thankfully, not "fly"

• Reply 33 of 38
    Well fiddy was shot 7-9 times(I foget which exactly) because of something related to his lifestyle, which was selling drugs. which he did because he was broke, he certainly has the picture pefect ghetto-thug story, but that doesn't change the fact that he isn't a very good rapper.
  • Reply 34 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

Well fiddy was shot 7-9 times(I foget which exactly) because of something related to his lifestyle, which was selling drugs. which he did because he was broke, he certainly has the picture pefect ghetto-thug story, but that doesn't change the fact that he isn't a very good rapper.

yeah, he is the picture perfect gangsta. But..if you wanna know, which I am sure is about all 2 of you. He was shot 9 times, but only 7 were in the "head" area. I am not sure if it is only face or what, but it is 7 times.

And if you didn't know he was in G Unit before he signed on a bigger contract. There are better rapeprs but I do like him a lot.

Funny to see how a debate went from iPods, to NPR, to Fitty Cent.

It's getting hot in herre. (haha)
  • Reply 35 of 38
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    Quote:

Originally posted by eddively

Haha, well, while I do like Rap...and rock..and etc.. I am also very political, especially for an 18 year old. I dunno, I guess I just have a problem with the principle of a government funded radio station that is so liberal and biased. I'm not saying Rush Limbaugh is the "man" or th EIB network is perfect, but--NPR is muy mal.

The govt funds it with like $2.13 per year. Most of their money comes from corporate "donors" (which is a polite name for "advertisers") and individuals (usually yuppies).

Personally, I'd like it if they got a whole bunch more money from the govt; then they'd stop with the annoying "brought to you" non-commercials and the uber-annoying funddrives (aka, yuppie guilt trips).

There's a comedy troupe out there that does a goddamn hilarious spoof of NPR called "NCR (National Corporate Radio)"--I nearly $#!^ my pants when I heard it the first time. (Don't know if they're on the web or not, and Im too lazy to look).

For independent news, the Pacifica network (Democracy Now!, etc.) are much better. They're usually on these pathetic community radio stations that have a range of approximately three and a half feet, but it's good if you can get it.

Other things:

50 cent=sucks as a rapper. (I'm waiting for someone to make the connection between "50 cent rapper"="two-bit wrapper"="cheap, worthless condom.") Jurassic 5 run laps around him (and most others). Most rappers are just too goddamn lazy to write genuine rhymes, so they bluster their way thru a heavy beat and corporate labels pick em up by the snotload. Why? Because the people making these decisions are accountants, not music lovers. Then the big radio stations say "wow, this schmuck got signed by Sony/RCA/whatever; he must be good," then they play it constantly making everyone think it's good and popular, so people go out and buy the song (or download it), listen to it at home and on the radio, realize it sucks, and then the whole cycle starts over again. (Same thing goes for any genre really...) [rant over]

British spell it: capitalisation; Americans spell it: capitalization. Official Brit culture has a penchant for S's, U's, and terminal E's. (That's what you get for being the only country in the world to be successfully and permanently colonized by the French ).

Bluetooth headphones would suck. Batteries are heavy, and to much radiation makes vital body parts fall off at inopportune times...

Cheaper iPods would be nice (because I'm po'). But reality is, I need at least a 30 gigger at this point (too much time spent on Direct Connect), so nothings gonna be very affordable for me for a while...

I'd guess theyd come out with a new one by mid november to get the Christmas rush. Either that, or they'll use the Xmas rush to clear out the old stock and update in January.
  • Reply 36 of 38
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    According to this article iPods are in short supply in Australia. I suspect that Apple continues to have trouble getting enough product from the manufacturer. Again, with this kind of situation, don't expect any new models. Supplies world-wide are constrained. Most product is making its way to the U.S. but sooner or later there will be shortages here as well. The iPod is HOT!!!!!
  • Reply 37 of 38
    elronelron Posts: 126member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

Don't know what his story is but some would say a person shot 7 times is not a "real man" but in fact, an idiot constantly putting himself in situations that result in violence.

In fairness to 50, he was shot 9 times in one incident. I think he was sitting in a car when a rival stuck a gun through the window and fired a bunch of times. The guy later turned up dead, I think.
  • Reply 38 of 38
    I thought it was at his apartment that he was shot and left for dead. I don't know I read the whole story once in an interview with him, but I couldn't be bothered to remember it.