what color car to buy?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    SDW2001 - If you thought your black car was the WORST to keep clean, then think about what you are going through on a car that's white. I don't think there's any comparison.

Silver is great though
  • Reply 22 of 24
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

my wife just found me a blue/purple one low milage, i'm going to look at tomorrow it's not from a dealer but it's still under warrenty and sounds lke it's been well taken care of. so if it looks good i'm going to get the blue/purple. i just discovered they call it French Blue

well i'm buying the French Blue one i gave them a deposit. picking it up early next week once finaces are settled
  • Reply 23 of 24
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wayne Lau

SDW2001 - If you thought your black car was the WORST to keep clean, then think about what you are going through on a car that's white. I don't think there's any comparison.

Silver is great though

White is nowhere near as bad as black. Not even close. It gets dirty, fine. But it doesn't show the marks and scratches black does.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    funny, when my wife and i last rented a car, we pulled in a friend's driveway and she said "you rented a white car again?" we hadn't really thought about it until then, but they do all seem to be white for some reason. maybe, as sdw alluded to, they show scratches the least.

we just bought a 2003 toyota matrix in a light metallic "cosmic" blue. not bad. i'm not crazy about it, personality-wise, but it does a really good job of not showing the dirt.

don't buy the "pearlescent" colors that are going around these days (toyota has several of these). color looks gorgeous when the car is CLEAN and DRY. get it wet and/or dirty, and it just deadens to a toally flat color. i assume that whatever material they grind up and put into the finish coating to give it that "sparkle" must not be able to reflect and refract the sunlight as easily if there's anything on it. the toyota pearlescent indigo matrix looked sweet, until we saw one on the street after it rained. then it just looked blue. not even a bright blue, either.

there are a few gun metal variants i like (i especially like the gun metal gray vw beetle).

i like yellow, and i wouldn't worry about extra tickets because i a.) don't exceed the speed limit and b.) always use my blinkers, two things NO ONE in my area seems to adhere to.

our first car was red. it was okay.

i still have a fondness for greens, too.

i have to agree that i don't like gold cars at all. i especially hate gold accents (instead of chrome/silver). ugh. and i really don't like metallic orange/copper.