Picture of your refridgerator

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Panther

I dom't undestand people who keep photographing equipment in their fridge. Why don't they just get a digcam?

Ouch. You should be hung by your hamstrings If you're honestly curious, PM me. I'm not going into it in this thread...
  • Reply 22 of 27
    No thanks, LoCash

Why don't you tell in public why you have photographing equipment in fridge?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Panther

No thanks, LoCash

Why don't you tell in public why you have photographing equipment in fridge?

It's a better environment for the film and paper to be stored in. I shoot a lot of unique, sensitive infrared films. If they are exposed to heat too long, the film could fog. Similarly, colour infrared film is even more sensitive, and I store that in the freezer.

As for why I don't shoot digital... 1) Digital cameras still aren't close to the resolution of slow speed film. 2) I'm a professional fine arts photographer. It's all part of the process.

That's the short answer.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

It's a better environment for the film and paper to be stored in. I shoot a lot of unique, sensitive infrared films. If they are exposed to heat too long, the film could fog. Similarly, colour infrared film is even more sensitive, and I store that in the freezer.

As for why I don't shoot digital... 1) Digital cameras still aren't close to the resolution of slow speed film. 2) I'm a professional fine arts photographer. It's all part of the process.

That's the short answer.

got links to any of your work?

what do you shoot in IR?
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

got links to any of your work?

what do you shoot in IR?

I put up some cheesy thumbnails from pictures I took at my cousin's wedding in Toronto. It's more a photodocumentary style. they're at: http://www.turborodent.com/wedding/

As for the infrared, I work with a lot of female models, doing nude and semi-nude portraiture. I have to receive their permission before I can exhibit that work as we both sign an agreement, so I'm not allowed to post any of those publicly. I will say that a lot of it is shot on 4x5 infrared sheet film.

I've done IR landscapes, but I don't have any of those negatives scanned in. It's a rather time consuming process...
  • Reply 26 of 27
    cool pics... er, or not, at least for the IR.

IIRC there were some thermographic pics in the old Hottest Picture thread... similar?

nice logo on your homepage, too.

is it a marmot?
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

cool pics... er, or not, at least for the IR.

IIRC there were some thermographic pics in the old Hottest Picture thread... similar?

nice logo on your homepage, too.

is it a marmot?

Most of my work at the Museum of Fine Arts has been about soul searching; visualizing a human soul. As such, my photography, painting, and drawing have all explored 'people' as subject matter. The wedding stuff I put online was simply an experiment. I only scanned them in because it turns out my stuff was better than the photographer they hired, and suddenly people wanted to order prints from me.

My other work has consisted of doing extensive work with paramedics (I'm an EMT), work on the subway, and photography at parties/clubs. The infrared work I described is similar to my paramedic work the most, where I was trying to use the film to visualize a human soul... to peer through the skin of an individual and see what the IR film sees and use that as the metaphor.

At any rate, infrared film is not thermographic imaging. The infrared spectrum is very wide, and you don't start getting heat until much farther into it. The Kodak IR film I shoot with is sensitive to around 960nm wavelengths. The 4x5 film is a little less sensitive. Think about it: If IR film visualized heat, the film would become exposed as soon as it was created

At any rate, if you're in Boston, I'd be more than happy to show you the non-nude work. If/when I get a chance to exhibit the IR portraiture, I'll send you an invitation to the opening