G5's to ship tommorrow

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I owe Brad my firstborn for his gift of great power.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    Quote:

Originally posted by twinturbo

A demo is coming to my store, although it's only the 1.6 Ghz model, and the rep said that he's not getting any more machines for another week or two. But I'm still going over to check out the new gear!

Why do so many list members say things are going to be where they are without telling us where they are????

This drives me crazy. What Store? What address? What phone number? Exactly what day?

Santa Clara CA store (closest to Cupertino) says they have no clue when G5 will arrive. At first the woman who answered said two more weeks. When I told her other stores expected them this week she said "well then I'm not sure."

Palo Alto CA store (2nd closest to Cupertino and home store to Steve Jobs) said MAYBE later this week. No clue either. What gives with those store employees who have a clue and those who don't???
  • Reply 23 of 27
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

OH. MY. GOD.

I really wasn't prepared for the sheer SEX of that thing this early in the morning.

Before my intelligence kicked in and I read the text, I thought that was a cube.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Well they aren't at the local compUSA store here in Rochester NY. BUMMMMMMER

Its funny even though I really hate the limitations of the case this machine has me a bit excited. In fact more so than recent memory. I just need to show restraint until the "b" revisons come out. Help me out Guys I'am doing the right thing resisting the temptation.

Right!

Thanks

Dave

Quote:

Originally posted by Multimedia

Why do so many list members say things are going to be where they are without telling us where they are????

This drives me crazy. What Store? What address? What phone number? Exactly what day?

Santa Clara CA store (closest to Cupertino) says they have no clue when G5 will arrive. At first the woman who answered said two more weeks. When I told her other stores expected them this week she said "well then I'm not sure."

Palo Alto CA store (2nd closest to Cupertino and home store to Steve Jobs) said MAYBE later this week. No clue either. What gives with those store employees who have a clue and those who don't???

• Reply 25 of 27
    I stopped by the Apple Store on North Michigan Ave, Chicago this afternoon and no G5 in sight. They too "didn't know" but all the G4 designed banners and signs were switched to G5 designs similar to the box. Lots of MDD single 1.25 units on display, I guess which they'll blow out soon. The were selling refurb 1.25 combo units for $1149.

Disappointing but I too am desperately trying to hold out for rev. B units.

Chris
  • Reply 26 of 27
    I must admit I am somewhat nervous about the dualies shipping on time. From Apple Press Release "The dual 2.0 GHz Power Mac G5 will ship late this month, as planned." Now that may sound well and good, but I don't like how they say "late this month" when late this month is 13 days and counting. Doesn't within two weeks sound much better? So why didn't they say that? I am not really doubting, but I am not overwhelmed with optimism either, given how soon "late this month" really is. Why so sketchy about the details Apple?
  • Reply 27 of 27
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dizziness

I stopped by the Apple Store on North Michigan Ave, Chicago this afternoon and no G5 in sight. They too "didn't know" but all the G4 designed banners and signs were switched to G5 designs similar to the box. Lots of MDD single 1.25 units on display, I guess which they'll blow out soon. The were selling refurb 1.25 combo units for $1149.

Disappointing but I too am desperately trying to hold out for rev. B units.

Chris

I really think that Apple made a very bad decision in putting the G5 banners/brochures in the stores, but not having the G5s. I must have seen 10 people using the MDDs and thinking that they were G5s. That kind of confusion is very bad.