Apple Display Prices Dropped In UK And Canada

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
From MNN:



Quote:

August 20 - 12:32 EDT__ Apple Canada has reduced its prices on the 17-inch Studio Display, 20-inch Cinema Display and 23-inch Cinema HD Display. The 17-inch model is now priced at CDN$999 (previously $1,099). The 20-inch Cinema is priced at $1,799 (previously $2,049), while the 23-inch Cinema HD now sells for $2,799 (previously $3,199). Apple UK made similar price cuts earlier this week.



Could this mean new displays are on the way next month (Paris Expo)?
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 29
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Sweet! That means I'll feel less guilty getting an Apple monitor if I get myself a G5. With eudcational pricing that makes the 17'' just $863!
  • Reply 2 of 29
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

    From MNN:







    Could this mean new displays are on the way next month (Paris Expo)?




    Possibly, plus they finally realized how absurd their prices were compared to other LCD displays in the market.
  • Reply 3 of 29
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    So now they cost gold pound for pound instead of platinum?



    I'm guessing that this means that Apple is making foreign prices more reasonable, not that all the prices will go down. Darn.
  • Reply 4 of 29
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by satchmo

    Possibly, plus they finally realized how absurd their prices were compared to other LCD displays in the market.



    And where do you find a cheaper 23" display?
  • Reply 5 of 29
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

    From MNN:







    Could this mean new displays are on the way next month (Paris Expo)?




    Nothing happened to the price of the 17" in Europe.
  • Reply 6 of 29
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Placebo

    So now they cost gold pound for pound instead of platinum?



    I'm guessing that this means that Apple is making foreign prices more reasonable, not that all the prices will go down. Darn.




    I'd say that even on the low end, the Apple monitors are competitive here in Canada. Sure, I could get a Dell cheeper, but the prices are quite close to Samsung monitors with DVI that people say are good.
  • Reply 7 of 29
    Quote:

    Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

    From MNN:



    Could this mean new displays are on the way next month (Paris Expo)?




    Most likely because of the low dollar. Prices remained the same while the dollar was weakening. At some point they need to level that out.

    Just my 2 cent's
  • Reply 8 of 29
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by JLL

    And where do you find a cheaper 23" display?



    Don't know of many other 23" displays, but a quick peek at the other sizes show that Apple Canada's prices are still higher and only now beginning to get competitive.



    A few samples from FutureShop.ca



    NEC LCD1860NX MultiSync 18" LCD Monitor $729 (only $599 after discounts)



    Samsung 213T 21" LCD Monitor $1799 ($1699 after discounts)
  • Reply 9 of 29
    othelloothello Posts: 1,053member
    1,049.00 for the 20" cinema is awfully close to being affordable for me! if that dropped to around 950 i don't think i could physically stop the credit card coming out...



  • Reply 10 of 29
    Better watch out, with words like that, alcimedes is going to call you a troll.







    Quote:

    Originally posted by satchmo

    Possibly, plus they finally realized how absurd their prices were compared to other LCD displays in the market.



  • Reply 11 of 29
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:

    Possibly, plus they finally realized how absurd their prices were compared to other LCD displays in the market.



    Huh?



    A Samsung 213T is running $1399, $100 more than a 20" Cinema.



    Sony's 23" is several hundered more than Apple's 23" Cinema.



    Yeah, I guess their pricing sucks.



  • Reply 12 of 29
    Quote:

    Originally posted by msantti

    Huh?



    A Samsung 213T is running $1399, $100 more than a 20" Cinema.



    Sony's 23" is several hundered more than Apple's 23" Cinema.



    Yeah, I guess their pricing sucks.







    VIEWSONIC

    VG700b 17-inch Black LCD Multimedia Monitor

    $395.10 (Apple is $300+ more)



    DELL

    UltraSharp 2000FP 20-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor

    $899.10 (Apple is $400 more)



    VIEWSONIC

    VG900b 19-inch LCD Monitor

    $596.66 (Apple has no competing product)



    DELL UltraSharp 1800FP 18-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor

    $476.10 (Apples charges $223 more for its 17" display)



    E171FPb Flat Panel Monitor, 17 inch

    $359.10 (Apple is $340 more)



    Shall I go on?
  • Reply 13 of 29
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

    VIEWSONIC

    VG700b 17-inch Black LCD Multimedia Monitor

    $395.10 (Apple is $300+ more)




    Analog





    Quote:

    Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

    DELL

    UltraSharp 2000FP 20-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor

    $899.10 (Apple is $400 more)




    The price is normally $999 (you now that the Dell deals almost change on a daily basis, so don't count on them).



    Plus this is a 4:3 monitor - not a widescreen.





    Quote:

    Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

    VIEWSONIC

    VG900b 19-inch LCD Monitor

    $596.66 (Apple has no competing product)




    Analog





    Quote:

    Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

    DELL UltraSharp 1800FP 18-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor

    $476.10 (Apples charges $223 more for its 17" display)




    Regular price: $529. (they have the same resolution btw.)





    Quote:

    Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

    E171FPb Flat Panel Monitor, 17 inch

    $359.10 (Apple is $340 more)




    Regular price: $399 And it's analog
  • Reply 14 of 29
    Quote:

    Originally posted by JLL

    Analog



    What does Digital buy me?
  • Reply 15 of 29
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

    What does Digital buy me?



    Much better quality and no need to mess with tracking.
  • Reply 16 of 29
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Zero ghosting.



    I wish my bargin priced viewsonic had a digital connection rather than ghosting.



    It also takes a good 5 or 6 seconds to autosync... something not neccessary with DVI.
  • Reply 17 of 29
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 448member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

    What does Digital buy me?



    I think if you go and look at some analog and digital monitors side by side, you'll see the difference.

    Apple's prices used to be way out of line, but that has changed recently.
  • Reply 18 of 29
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Widescreen displays cost more to build.



    All those creampuffs mentioned are 4:3.



    I will say the 17" is a bit pricey but it is digital. It could stand a $100 drop.



    I think the 20" and 23" are good deals.



    Buy a freakin CRT if they are to much for you.
  • Reply 19 of 29
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by msantti

    Huh?



    A Samsung 213T is running $1399, $100 more than a 20" Cinema.



    Sony's 23" is several hundered more than Apple's 23" Cinema.



    Yeah, I guess their pricing sucks.







    Uh...I think you might want to read the original post...it's about UK and Canadian prices.



    A Samsung 213T (21") as I posted is $1699 compared to Apple's 20" for $1799.

    The 17" is still not competitive, but the 23" is better deal.



    No, their pricing doesn't suck, but like I said, it's only now getting competitive now with the recent price drops.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    Quote:

    Originally posted by msantti

    Buy a freakin CRT if they are to much for you.



    You hit the nail on the head. I'm just pissed because I can't afford one right now so I'm stuck buying a CRT if I want a higher resolution.
Sign In or Register to comment.