Disappointed at Apple (Why Apple Will Never Win Over Offices)

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

Yes, but people getting their machines after three days usually don't post about it.

In a recent report Apple was no. 1 regarding customer care.

In the same report, it was told that Dell had a 28% fault rate - ouch.

Apple usually comes out close to the top of those 'Customer Care/Customer Satisfaction' reviews due to their cult-like following who constantly overlook Apple's weak spots and obvious flaws (AppleCare) and continue to praise the company while taking these surveys. There is a lot of bias there, just like user reviews posted at c|net and so on. Your average PC user usually has less brand loyalty and bias since there are way more competitors out there to choose from that offer the same products (so it's more price/performance driven).

Regardless of Dell's fault rate, if you got a lemon (and yes, it does happen), then you're getting a brand new replacement or your money back (free return shipping as well). If your fan is too loud, or your HD fails, or your Video Card acts up, you get a new one FedEx'd to you the next day. That's with the first phone call, not a hour of haggling and getting to a higher level of support. To me, that's good customer service (whether the person who's giving me the refund/exchange is smiling or not).

What's really mind boggling (to an unbiased multi-platform user like me) is that AppleCare tends to cost more than some PC On-Site warrantees even though their 'support' and warranty services are inferior compared to the rest of the industry. Unless of course you survey 2500 die-hard Apple Zealots who all swear that Apple's products and support are perfect!