The object of my lust...What is yours?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    So... Apple, Leica, Ducati... noticing a trend here... well-made, well-designed pieces of equipment that act more like an extension of you rather than something you 'operate', and create a cult following for those who 'get it'.

Any other nominations?
  • Reply 42 of 47
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    The woman I have.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    She's got a cult following of happy users?

Dude, I hate to tell you this, but...
  • Reply 44 of 47
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

She's got a cult following of happy users?

Dude, I hate to tell you this, but...

Heh. You didn't say anything about 'users', just a cult following...

And I'm the only one 'getting it', from her anyways.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    I wasn't trying to flame you man, just saying that if you have shot with a Leica, it's kind of the 35 body that others are judged upon. Call the M4 a luxury camera if you will, I call it one of the most beautiful, workhorses of a rangefinder I've ever shot with, and if I had the spare cash, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I'm sure the FM-2 is a nice little camera. When I'm shooting my own personal artwork, I use my manual bodies. When I'm shooting commercially, I use my F100. It's just weird how you react to the Leica, because most photographers I know get wet dreams about owning a Leica...
  • Reply 46 of 47
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

I wasn't trying to flame you man, just saying that if you have shot with a Leica, it's kind of the 35 body that others are judged upon. Call the M4 a luxury camera if you will, I call it one of the most beautiful, workhorses of a rangefinder I've ever shot with, and if I had the spare cash, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I'm sure the FM-2 is a nice little camera. When I'm shooting my own personal artwork, I use my manual bodies. When I'm shooting commercially, I use my F100. It's just weird how you react to the Leica, because most photographers I know get wet dreams about owning a Leica...

Like I said, sure the Leica M4 costs a bucket, but the point is if you look after it, you can sell it down the road a piece for much more than you paid for it.

You will never lose money owning a lLeica M4..that's one of it's virtues for being a cult status object..it never depreciates.

But try selling it...Oh man..what torture....
  • Reply 47 of 47
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Well, my lust for a digital camera has just increased. My class was just clear for the D1X today, and worked a little more with the Sinar digital back. SO Much FUn!!! The D1X isn't as intuitive as I would like a camera to be, but I'm still having a great time just shooting the hell outta it. The only reason I'm not shooting now is cuz the battery needs charging. Nothing special just trying to get the feel of it today.8)