Easier to read.

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Dear mods have a look at this site you will notice that when ever someone quotes an earlier post it is in a slightly smaller font. I am not sure what else is different, is it the font? But the posts are much easier to read.

It is nearly two years since this site was re-launched and I think that tweeking the appearence would not be a bad thing. I always have a lot of trouble reading posts because of the colour screen on my iMac DV+ but the problem is much less on the LCD iMacs.

I think you should consider the colour scheme used by the Palm site as it works very well.

Addison.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Originally posted by Addison

"Dear mods have a look at this "LINK " you will notice that when ever someone quotes an earlier post it is in a slightly smaller font...... Addison. "

I think this is already

possible....
  • Reply 2 of 27
    Rest assured, we are looking into it.
  • Reply 3 of 27
    The colors are definitely staying the same. We've had too many people compliment us on it being "perfect" to want to mess with it too much. It's easy on the eyes, not too bright, not too dark. It's an excellent scheme for reading long blocks of text at lengths of time.

The size of the quoted text, however, is something we'll take into consideration.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

The size of the quoted text, however, is something we'll take into consideration.

Testing...
  • Reply 5 of 27
    YAY I PASSED THE TEST!

Satisfactory?
  • Reply 6 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

YAY I PASSED THE TEST!

Satisfactory?

Beautiful.
  • Reply 7 of 27
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Can we split the difference? I'm finding that the quotes are just a tad too small, and subsequently hard to read.

Maybe the powers that be can bump it up a point size?

(1600x1200 19"screen AI member)
  • Reply 8 of 27
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Well, for what it's worth I dig it the most. Amazing how just a slight decrease in point size on quote replies and so forth makes for such easier reading! I've seen this approach used at other sites, but it never occurred to me to request it here.

Keep it. Breaks things up nicely and makes scanning through threads easier.
  • Reply 9 of 27
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Hopefully now whenever anybody quotes a 9 paragraph essay just to reply with "Hey good point, postCount++" it will scroll by faster... I think it looks very clean too.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

Hopefully now whenever anybody quotes a 9 paragraph essay just to reply with "Hey good point, postCount++" it will scroll by faster... I think it looks very clean too.

Yeah, I like it a lot

postcount++
  • Reply 11 of 27
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I don't like it. I have trouble reading my screen as it is (and have a 14" iBook for that reason). So even with "text bigger" a few times in Safari, I still have to peer too hard. Please think of those with the lesser eyes, rather than a subjectively perceived feeling of aesthetics.
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

aesthetics

...aesthetics which, moreover, have plummeted with this move, though that is just my opinion.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    Could it just be a little bigger? I have a 15" Studio Display at 1024x768, and its a little hard to read.

Then again, maybe if my eyes are that bad I need glasses.
  • Reply 14 of 27
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Agreed.

It's too small.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    Get glasses or just use Safari to make the text bigger. Looks good Brad!
  • Reply 16 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

Get glasses or just use Safari to make the text bigger. Looks good Brad!

Done and done. Still too small.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Done and done. Still too small.

Well, then you need an eye exam and a new prescription on those glasses.
  • Reply 18 of 27
    Look, we can't please all the people all the time... and all of those people are AI members apparently
  • Reply 19 of 27
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Seriously, I love the idea of having quotes a bit smaller, but could we not just bump up the font size 1 measly point? It is too small, no matter what all you 800x600 newbies think.
  • Reply 20 of 27
    I sit approximately 26" away from a 17.3" widescreen display running at 1600x1024. I also wear glasses. Currently, I'm not wearing my glasses, and I can read the type.

Maybe I'm just crazy cool like that though...