Run with an iPod?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    If I remember correctly, it means "speed play" in german. You sprint, run, and jog at specified intervals for a damn long time.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Yeah, fartlek = "speed play" in Swedish or German or something. It's just doing intervals while running distance: jog lightly for 1/2 mile or so, then sprint (or run faster anyway) for 200-400 meters (1/8-1/4 mile) off and on. Very effective workout.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    I run with my 30GB using the inCase iPod belt. Works great and even has space for a credit card and keys.

Bob
  • Reply 24 of 30
    Have one of the first 11 iPods ever made, I think. Run, bike, walk, exercise with it, never had a single problem with skipping.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    got my wife the 30 gb ipod in june. she's a big runner (90 minutes at least). initially she carried it in a waist pouch, which didn't work - it always crashed after around 20 minutes. the i got her the iSport - it still crashes/ hangs ....

the only way it works is if she carries the ipod in her hand - but that gets tireing.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flick Justice

Well this isn't running but...

I just finished {this past weekend} an 80km moutain bike race. One of the guys i passed had an iPod and said it was working great. I snowboard with mine.

I'd say running is fine too.

flick.

Flick Justic, have you had any problems with moisture when snowboarding with your iPod? I am looking at getting an iPod and want to take it snowboarding but was concerned about moisture. I live in the Pacific Northwest and it gets pretty wet here.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    My dads a big jogger (runs a couple of marathons), will the 40 gb hold up, or should i get him a particular protective case?
  • Reply 28 of 30
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nwhysee

My dads a big jogger (runs a couple of marathons), will the 40 gb hold up, or should i get him a particular protective case?

I wouldn't worry about protecting the case, but I do have to suggest you get the armband that someone about linked to for me. If he attaches the thing to his arm he'll be fine. Currently I have to run with it in my hand, but that's annoying after 6 miles....
  • Reply 29 of 30
    Thanks, hes used to attaching radios to his arm anyway so he'll be fine with it.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by sak

Flick Justic, have you had any problems with moisture when snowboarding with your iPod? I am looking at getting an iPod and want to take it snowboarding but was concerned about moisture. I live in the Pacific Northwest and it gets pretty wet here.

Not really, I keep it on the inside pocket of my Bonfire jacket <I think the pocket is ment for goggles>. I also don't take it out all the time on the lift to change tracks.. I just let it play on random. So Unless your jacket gets really wet then I don't see it being a problem. Unless you enter a slush cup or something.. then I'd suggest just leaving it in the car.

flick.

:::Edit::: oh yeah spell checking.. neat.