Special Edition iPod At Paris Expo

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by dissimilation

The special edition iPod will start at $15,950 and include a free VW Beetle.

(shipping extra)

That one made me laugh, lol
  • Reply 22 of 34
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

*NEWSFLASH!*

This just in:

Its been reported that the new special edition iPod will have an extra feature that all Mac fans in the universe want.

It will have Steve Job's signature engraved on the back.

It will be called:

"Apple 40 GB iPod, Signature Edition"

Remember, you heard it here first.

I'd buy it in a hurried heartbeat.
  • Reply 23 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by dissimilation

The special edition iPod will start at $15,950 and include a free VW Beetle.

(shipping extra)

Nice one!

The only feature that would make me buy a new iPod would be a color screen, along with firmware that could play display my photo archive and play Quicktime movies. Nothing else will get me to pay full price.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    I'm waiting for my iPod and cell phone to become the same device. A color screen to show off photos wouldn't be such a biggie since the screen is so small. If it played videos - that would be a different story. Both things we won't see tomorrow, but wouldn't the future be great?
  • Reply 25 of 34
    Maybe it will come with music pre-loaded to the HD.
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Maybe, the special edition will have an "OLED" display......heh..
  • Reply 27 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

Maybe it will come with music pre-loaded to the HD.

That would be funny. You go to sync it with your hard drive ans all the songs that were on the ipod are gone replaced by your library.
  • Reply 28 of 34
    Along that vein, having a $20 gift certificate to the iTunes music store included with new iPods would be a huge incentive to get new users addicted.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PookJP

Nice one!

The only feature that would make me buy a new iPod would be a color screen, along with firmware that could play display my photo archive and play Quicktime movies. Nothing else will get me to pay full price.

Amen to that!
  • Reply 30 of 34
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    so a no show on that rumour...
  • Reply 31 of 34
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    hey all.. just came back from Expo.

FNAC Store at Expo was offering 40GB iPod for 515euro if you're a member of Fnac. I think there is free registration.

Jobs started off with iPod, so we all thought he was going to talk about Special Edition.

Kinda happy there was no SE seeing I just got a 40gigger
  • Reply 32 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

hey all.. just came back from Expo.

FNAC Store at Expo was offering 40GB iPod for 515euro if you're a member of Fnac. I think there is free registration.

Jobs started off with iPod, so we all thought he was going to talk about Special Edition.

Kinda happy there was no SE seeing I just got a 40gigger

I thought this rumor was bogus from the beginning. If they had said a special edition iPod would be announced at the expo I would have believed it. However, they specifically called it a special "Apple Expo" edition or "an iPod to comemorate Apple Expo" which just made no sense at all.
  • Reply 33 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

I don't think so. Did you notice that in all the ads the iPods are still white? Just because they use a different background colour for the four ads has nothing to do with the product methinks. Dealers would have to carry 4 colours of each model. Bad.

Well, looks as if in the end... come MWSF '04... we may have those colours...

• Reply 34 of 34
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Yes. And the last thing we need is another new iPod thread.