Til Death do us part..not even for the divorce settlement

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Or perhaps you could just do a search on survivor benefits and see if what I say is true. Or perhaps you could just ask your grandmother if they accepted a lower payout in exchange for continued pension payout after your grandfather passed.

Lastly ask your grandmother if she can leave the pension to anyone.

Nick

who cares, you'll just make up some more b/s to cover yourself.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

who cares, you'll just make up some more b/s to cover yourself.

Yep... I made up spousal survivor benefits and the option to exercise or not exercise them just to throw you off my trail. You will never ever read about accepting a lower pension payout to insure survivor benefits, it is just an elaborate scheme of mine to prove my lie that pensions are defined benefits and not an asset you own.

Your research is so convincing too....

Nick
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:

Yep... I made up spousal survivor benefits and the option to exercise or not exercise them just to throw you off my trail. You will never ever read about accepting a lower pension payout to insure survivor benefits, it is just an elaborate scheme of mine to prove my lie that pensions are defined benefits and not an asset you own.

Your research is so convincing too....

Nick

no you said pension benefits end when the person dies. you were wrong. deal with it.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:

no you said pension benefits end when the person dies. you were wrong. deal with it.

The benefits chosen to be dealt out differently that's all. They elected a lower payout in exchange for spousal survivor payout. It is commonly understood as part of of a pension. It is not an asset she owns, it will end when she dies.

I suppose what I will deal with is your refusal to address the thread topic. Do you think it right that if your grandmother passed her new husband should still be allowed to drain the pension fund of the united coal workers?

Nick
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:

The benefits chosen to be dealt out differently that's all. They elected a lower payout in exchange for spousal survivor payout. It is commonly understood as part of of a pension. It is not an asset she owns, it will end when she dies.

I suppose what I will deal with is your refusal to address the thread topic. Do you think it right that if your grandmother passed her new husband should still be allowed to drain the pension fund of the united coal workers?

Nick

i think you don't know whether your coming or going. i think you don't know what you're talking about with regards to american pensions and law let alone germany's.

i think you can't deal with the fact that you said something not true and won't admit it. i'm through with your pathetic crap.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Quote:

i think you don't know whether your coming or going. i think you don't know what you're talking about with regards to american pensions and law let alone germany's.

i think you can't deal with the fact that you said something not true and won't admit it. i'm through with your pathetic crap.

You are correct that I didn't write a treatise on pensions. Benefits from a job are considered to terminate when you die unless you arrange specifically for them not to do so. You don't want to check whether is true. You don't want to address the thread and say whether you would believe it valid for your grandmother to remarry, pass on and still have that man draw money from the United Coal Miners pension plan.

So be through with it and go away.. you weren't on topic anyway.

Nick
  • Reply 27 of 27
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    There's a reason why they are called "survivor benefits". Because they go to the survivors. Anyone who's not surviving doesn't get them. This judge did the wrong thing.

What kind of man would take money from his wife's exhusband? No self respect?