First Photos Inside Apple Expo

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    I repeat my request for proof of iBooks on display in the Apple booth. (No, the registration area iBooks with the mice don't count.) The pics show the entire portables section under wraps.

Why hide the iBooks too?
  • Reply 22 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

Why would a Power Book update warrant an intro during a keynote unless there was something rather special about them?

You're right. That's why I've got my fingers crossed for a dual 1.3 GHZ 7457 17" Powerbook with a 1600x1024 display, Radeon 9600 mobility graphics and a 5400 RPM 80 GB drive for $2999.
  • Reply 23 of 43
    SJ made a keynote address at last years' expo and didn't introduce anything earth shattering. He just did a re-run of the previous MacWorld keynote. But, this year looks like it will be different. Less then 12 hours and counting.
  • Reply 24 of 43
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JRC

How hard is it to ROTATE a picture?

Not very if you are using a laptop.
  • Reply 25 of 43
    Quote:

Why would a Power Book update warrant an intro during a keynote unless there was something rather special about them?

I would think even a 15" G4 Alu Book would not rate that much publicity.

And that's my reason for rearranging my day!

Does a speed bumped AlBook warrant covered banners?

Where are the rest of the portables?

Why are there so many locked crates?

Why are the crates so large?

Could it be that the fruit that doth compute has been sandbagging?

Might there be wholesale changes announced to the portable lines tomorrow? Might Lapzilla and 15" get G5, whilst 12" gets a slight repackage to include FW800 and ADC? If so, might iBook get the G4 or the oft-rumored enhanced G3.

I'm more than a little intrigued!
  • Reply 26 of 43
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    How to we know these mystery crates contain anything?

Maybe the stuff thats on the floor was in them?

Sorry to put a damper on things.
  • Reply 27 of 43
    Quote:

How to we know these mystery crates contain anything?

Maybe the stuff thats on the floor was in them?

Sorry to put a damper on things.

I have it on good authority that Apple used the larger crates to transport Apple employees. Great cost savings. And fear not, each crate contained an iBook, microwave oven, fridge, portable potty and other anemities for the occupant.
  • Reply 28 of 43
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Finding out what is in the boxes is simple a simple equation!

+

Padlock Shims

=

Find out what's inside
  • Reply 29 of 43
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Honestly, couldn't someone simply have the balls to jump over the tape, run into the sheeted-off area, snap a few pics and run like hell toward that big back open door?

You'd be a LEGEND!

Jobs might even mention you in the keynote, referring to "that asshole in the cargo pants and Sum 41 hat who broke through security and leaked our new PowerBooks. He must work for Time Canada..."

• Reply 30 of 43
    Didn't t sprinklers go off at a Paris Expo a few years ago? Perhaps that's the ticket to finding out what's what. However, I bet that whatever were in those crates are now safely under those black sheets. 9 hours to go.
  • Reply 31 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

awesome but I really wanted new displays... the picture has the old displays to the right

As I recall they usually use large displays for presenting other things like Keynote, Quicktime, FCP, etc. They could be using existing displays for those and still announce new displays.
  • Reply 32 of 43
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

[i]Might there be wholesale changes announced to the portable lines tomorrow? Might Lapzilla and 15" get G5, whilst 12" gets a slight repackage to include FW800 and ADC? If so, might iBook get the G4 or the oft-rumored enhanced G3.

I'm more than a little intrigued! [/B]

POwerbooks won't get ADC; it's just stupid to power a display off a powerbook.
  • Reply 33 of 43
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:

POwerbooks won't get ADC; it's just stupid to power a display off a powerbook

What would be the big deal if the PB was plugged into the wall.

And it would most likely be if you were using a Cinema display to begin with.

But thats just me. Thinking logically again.

I need to stop doing that i guess.
  • Reply 34 of 43
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Finding out what is in the boxes is simple a simple equation!

+

Padlock Shims

=

Find out what's inside

If only the great Richard P. Feynman were alive...
  • Reply 35 of 43
    just confirming....

4am eastern correct?

And is it being streamed?

if not where can I get up to date info as the keynote is going on....
  • Reply 36 of 43
    4 AM is correct. No stream, no Quicktime. Check this site for updates. Most U.S. sites just don't have correspondents at the Expo. Also by 5 AM or thereabouts the Apple website will have the new PB's shown (fingers crossed).
  • Reply 37 of 43
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Keynote 4 a.m. EDT, probably lasting until 6, Apple site update shortly after that. One thing I don't get. If the updated 12" and 17" PBs look the same, why would they need to be hidden? If only the insides are slightly improved, why not have them out? Maybe they're a little different outside, too? Apple has been known to distinguish PB models by slightly changing keyboards. Even my 900 MHz iBook looks different from the 800 MHz one. Maybe the ð logo glows a different color.

Well, at least now you know what happened to all of Al Gore's lock boxes.
  • Reply 38 of 43
    in the picture above of the apple booth, between the UNIX logo and the FileVault padlock house. what is that icon? Exposé?
  • Reply 39 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

in the picture above of the apple booth, between the UNIX logo and the FileVault padlock house. what is that icon? Exposé?

ya
  • Reply 40 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

If only the great Richard P. Feynman were alive...

... oh you and your half dead cats ...