G5 1.8 for games and graphic card issue

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    I can tell you that on my dual 2GHz G5 with Radeon 9800, I can run Unreal Tournament 2003 with all options maxed out at 1920x1200 on my 23" Cinema Display at incredibly high framerates.

It absolutely kicks ass.

:-)
  • Reply 22 of 23
    hey entmoots - what frame rates are they exactly? what do you see for averagae frame rates at like 1280x1024 with everything maxed out?

Also some above me here said the Geforce 4 ti is equal to the Radeon 9000 -- i disagree, since i know someone who went from that card to the Geforce 4 ti and saw a huge improvement - I have a 1.3Ghz (gigadesigns) Gigabit G4 with a Geforce 4 Ti, and I play UT2003 maxed out at 1280x1024 and it is pretty smooth - not earth shattering like a G5 but fast for sure - I still love Nvidia's card and think they rock, and I think Apple has done a good job with Nvidia drivers since FSAA was enabled on the Geforce 4 Ti etc -- I sometimes saw issues with friends G4s who had an ATI card inside - thats just me though - I like Nvidia, though a Radeon 9800 does sound tempting
  • Reply 23 of 23
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fudgebrown

hey entmoots - what frame rates are they exactly? what do you see for averagae frame rates at like 1280x1024 with everything maxed out?

Also some above me here said the Geforce 4 ti is equal to the Radeon 9000 -- i

It's wrong the radeon 9000 is a little behind the geforce 5200 ultra. A geforce 4ti is definitively better. The only problem of this card are the bad result when FSAA is involved.