10.2.8 out on swupdate

Comments

• Reply 21 of 90
    FWIW, Quicktime launched in a single bounce for me on a lowly 700 MHz G4 iMac.
  • Reply 22 of 90
    Quote:

Ho, hum. My guess is due to the size of this update Panther is not coming soon.

There is no correlation with this update and the forthcoming release of Panther. By all accounts, Panther is coming late next month. Ho hum to you!
  • Reply 23 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by sobelizzard

Yup. the display colours had been shifted from millions to thousands during the install. I switched it back, and it made no difference, so restarted and now everything is pretty again. ....

I had the exactly same thing happen, restart did the trick for me too ...

Tho it only seemed it was safari that was all metal-mucked-up...
  • Reply 24 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

one bounce on a 500MHz G3 iBook, too
  • Reply 25 of 90
    What happens if I updated my G5 it seems to work ju...............................
  • Reply 26 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Same here, same computer.

This update seems to have provided a nice little speed boost.
  • Reply 27 of 90
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    No one has mentioned yet that the Keyboard and Mouse pref panes have been consolidated into a single pane, which has a Bluetooth tab as well. I thought that was pretty cool.
  • Reply 28 of 90
    i used to have this "problem" in Safari, where pages that specified Verdana as the font, in smaller sizes, appeared aliased. and i even tried changing the default sizes in preferences. it all seems to be fixed now; all fonts are nice and smooth and readable.
  • Reply 29 of 90
    Finally downloaded 10.2.8... I was on a 56k modem!

I wonder if Safari is faster in build 85.5?
  • Reply 30 of 90
    Wow! Nice update. I mean REALLY nice. Tons of added features and even a little speed boost for my Pismo ... at least it "feels" faster.

Panther better be AMAZING, or I'm going to stick with 10.2.8 for a while until the first few bugs are worked out of Panther ... maybe 10.3.2 or later.

I just hope this Jaguar update is a good sign for how incredible Panther will be ... and not a reminder of how great Jaguar is and how Panther will need to have the usual bugs worked out like Jaguar has needed over the past year.

I don't want to purchase a new OS if the benefits don't STRONGLY outweigh the frustration caused by the bugs that creep in before the second or third update.
  • Reply 31 of 90
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    I haven't seen too much of a difference in it. But maybe I'll stumble across something...
  • Reply 32 of 90
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rustedborg

Wow! Nice update. I mean REALLY nice. Tons of added features and even a little speed boost for my Pismo ... at least it "feels" faster.

Panther better be AMAZING, or I'm going to stick with 10.2.8 for a while until the first few bugs are worked out of Panther ... maybe 10.3.2 or later.

I just hope this Jaguar update is a good sign for how incredible Panther will be ... and not a reminder of how great Jaguar is and how Panther will need to have the usual bugs worked out like Jaguar has needed over the past year.

I don't want to purchase a new OS if the benefits don't STRONGLY outweigh the frustration caused by the bugs that creep in before the second or third update.

I think the 20% speed increase I've seen on two computers installed with panther is worth it at least.
  • Reply 33 of 90
    where do you download this update what is the web page?
  • Reply 34 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by jay3ld

where do you download this update what is the web page?

At the moment is only available via software update in your system prefs panel..

In a day or so there will be a direct d/l somewhere on vt or macupdate
  • Reply 35 of 90
    I want Panther!!!!!!
  • Reply 36 of 90
    anyone recommend waiting for the combo update? it seems that this has minimized some problems from past updates.
  • Reply 37 of 90
    Ok I am scared to death. I did the update and it is going on 10 minutes for the restart. I am staring at a little spinning circle now for a ling time!! Help!
  • Reply 38 of 90
    Uh oh it is now like 30 minutes of spinning circle and nothing! What do I do?
  • Reply 39 of 90
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Hrm.

The last time I had an update do that to me I just forced a reboot, and it came up just fine the second time.

FYI, downloaded the update, installed, restarted, everything's peachy. Haven't had it long enough to notice anything drastic.
  • Reply 40 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

Uh oh it is now like 30 minutes of spinning circle and nothing! What do I do?

I'm so not installing this! My HD got corrupted somehow last week and I bit the bullet and reformatted and reinstalled everything (up to 10.2.6). Everything is working brilliantly now...better than ever.

Maybe in a few weeks I'll feel differently.\