Post your iMovie/Final Cut clip Thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok. I've messed with iMovie a few times in the past, however I had never used it with Video clips before. This Saturday, being bored and having been wanting to play around with video editing my friend and I decide to finally put his video camera to use. OMG!!! LMOA. The funny sh*t you can do with video!!

We started off with an idea of what we wanted. Basically it revolved around a... er.. wait, I better not spoil the... plot?! So we had the basic plot in mind. We shot the footage in about 15 minutes. Then off to editing we went. We each wanted to edit it differently, so I kicked him out and told him to go edit his own version on his Mac.

I jump on mine and start editing. About 2 hours later with my belly tired from laughing so hard I had mine complete.

Check it out. Introducing my very first multimedia masterpiece The Coke Can

This is too much fun for the majority of you not have done something like this already. So don't be shy. This is the "Show me yours", thread.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    LOL

How did you do the coke can animation (other then the reversing of the video)?

That's funny stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Write

LOL

How did you do the coke can animation (other then the reversing of the video)?

That's funny stuff.

Heheh. That was an afterthought. Originally we where planning on doing the can by itself. Mid filming we then decided I could just sit still while Dave tock still shoots of the can in different de-crumpled states. Fun stuff.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Very nice Steve.

Do you have family in central valley california? Reason I ask is that you both look familiar to me. Freitas... Are you Portuguese? And if so, from where? I was born in the Azores (Sao Jorge), but grew up in Africa, Angola. Been in California since 1975.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    I've made a few videos so far with iMovie, haven't made anyting with FCP 4 yet though (although Soundtrack is great).

My switch ad parody.

A test I did of some Matrix like effects (including my very own BulletTime).

Enjoy, I would love to hear comments.

Andrew

PS: I know I pronounced Palladium wrong.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Steve

http://homepage.mac.com/ssfreitas/Jena.mov

I shed a tear for you, Steve.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    The link to switch ad parody does not work.

Matrix test... That's funny. More scenes would make it even better.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    The Switch ad parody link is to a BitTorrent file. I would prefer people used that, but if you don't have BitTorrent, then you can find the normal file in my video folder.

The Matrix test was just that, a test of techniques (mainly BulletTime). I was planning to make a longer thing with fight stuff over the summer, but I never got around to it. I have too many hobbies I enjoy, so I can never spend as much time as I would like on all of them.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    g-dogg-dog Posts: 171member
  • Reply 10 of 23
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G-Dog

G5 movie

I remember watching a Metal Gear Solid game trailer with that music.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Steve

http://homepage.mac.com/ssfreitas/Jena.mov

That girl sits too close to the TV.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

That girl sits too close to the TV.

There is a reason she wears glasses
  • Reply 13 of 23
    My first movie. I did it for the powerbook thread about the lid popping up.

I call it America's Funniest Home Videos version
  • Reply 14 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by adpowers

The Switch ad parody link is to a BitTorrent file. I would prefer people used that, ...

The file you get from the BT download doesn't work. See if it works for you.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

My first movie. I did it for the powerbook thread about the lid popping up.

I call it America's Funniest Home Videos version

God damn that laugh track. It works every time!
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

God damn that laugh track. It works every time!

I feel so dirty using it as it just sounds so fake.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Some great videos. Most of mine center around my car. Here is one I did called night cruise.

Night Cruise video

bob spears
  • Reply 18 of 23
    With a basic .mac account, how much space do you get to post video? (For instance, how long of an iMovie could your put up on a "regular" .mac account?) Thanks!
  • Reply 19 of 23
    I think you get 100 megs. I have upgraded my account to 500 megs because I am putting a lot of vids on the site.

bob
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

The file you get from the BT download doesn't work. See if it works for you.

Hmm, the file I am seeding works for me. That is strage. BitTorrent has protections in it to make sure you get the exact file being seeded.