Centrino: How Does Apple Respond?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    os10geekos10geek Posts: 413member
    Well, even so, Mac the Fork, most all Macs run more smoothly aand are more dynamic than PCs.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    [quote] its maddening that poser on my dualie with 768MB of ram renders at one third the speed of my PII 400 with 512MB and win98se running the same software! <hr></blockquote>

I understand what you're saying. There are plenty of G4 apologists that can't explain that. And I can't either. Back in the old days, PCs seemed more responsive and faster on graphics like Photoshop to me...y'know, where the Mac was supposed to be king? Still...the 970 should finally address Poser rendering speeds, put PS Macs back over the hill and take the 3D rendering crown.

As to the rest of your post. A good and well reasoned post. You saved me the job of doing it.

Again, I understand the melancholy post. And where it's coming from. These are obviously areas Apple needs to improve. I didn't say Apple was perfect, I was merely pointing out that other than the cpu and bandwidth issues, Apple is a far better placed company than they were in 1999. I didn't say all their initiatives were perfect either. But the fact that they're stepping up to bat? That is cause for much optimism as Apple goes forwards.

(...and if you can't spot Apple's vision...then I won't spoil it for you...)

And as a UK resident, Spooky, I'd like 53 Apple retail stores here!!! (Those Yanks...they always get everything first... )

Lemon Bon Bon

PS. By the way, I like the way Max has tabs at the top. This seemed far more intuitive than Maya's interface... Though there are aspects of Max I find bewildering. Anyhow, I prefer LW's text tab approach...now that I understand the logic of it.

PPS. As to the 'heavy hitters'? Apple are in talks with top cad companies to bring their software to 'X'. And I also wouldn't rule out the possiblity that Apple might buy Xsi. It would be a shrewd buy. They need a 3D app to round off their workstation strategy in my opinion.

PPPS. As much as I like X, I'm saddened by the move to exclude '9' booting. I like traditional Mac OS, it's tics, clicks sound fx, it's speed et. And some of my old Kai PS plug ins won't work on 'X' or Classic! I'm very fond of Mac Os 9. And 'X' still has some ways to go to have that 'soul' and 'charm' of the original. But. Folks. This is only version 2 of 'X'. We should be patient. Hopefully those 'Next' guys will address some of the basic finder functionality 'problems'. I'm hoping for some charm, gimmicks and UI sound fx for 10.3. Where's the love, Apple?

I wish Corel would update them to work in PS7 and 'X'!!!

[ 03-16-2003: Message edited by: Lemon Bon Bon ]

[ 03-16-2003: Message edited by: Lemon Bon Bon ]</p>
  • Reply 63 of 63
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member