New iPod and Music Service tomorrrow

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 80
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    The 28th Is The DAY!!8)
  • Reply 62 of 80
    28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 64 of 80
    ff Posts: 5member
    Is the 28th not a Monday? Everybody is saying Tuesday and the 28th. So what is it going to be, Monday or Tuesday?

/F
  • Reply 65 of 80
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    April 28 will be a Tuesday in 2009
  • Reply 66 of 80
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

s the 28th not a Monday? Everybody is saying Tuesday and the 28th. So what is it going to be, Monday or Tuesday? /F

It doesn't matter. Nobody here knows when the new iPods will be available. When Apple posts them on their website, that will be when they're here.
  • Reply 67 of 80
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Guys,

Monday, April 28th is the day:

* New Music Service goes public

* New version of iTunes software

* New iPods

* New, speed-bumped iBooks

* New, speed-bumped eMacs

Questionable Announcement that day:

* New PowerBook 15.4-inch model

That's it.
  • Reply 68 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Guys,

* New iPods

That's it.

Man, I would have to say that would be the biggest hardware/software update I've ever seen Apple do at the same time (besides macworld of course) ... are you sure maybe they won't release the iBooks and eMacs THIS tuesday to keep attention for the music service and ipods high?
  • Reply 69 of 80
    vvmpvvmp Posts: 63member
    iPod announcement: this month

Announcement loction: Moscone Center

To be announced: No surprises ... new iPod line, music service, + surprise
  • Reply 70 of 80
    the wizthe wiz Posts: 28member
    Apple in-store event on May 2nd. Will we see the iPods then?

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/may2.html
  • Reply 71 of 80
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    Here they come! Maccentral got a...Special Invitation for next Monday 4/28/03
  • Reply 72 of 80
    theflythefly Posts: 72member
    edited...
  • Reply 73 of 80
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

* New iPods

DHagan4755: I hope you're as right about all those hardware announcements as you were about the date. Using pure Apple logic, however, Bioflavonoid's prediction makes more sense: iBooks and eMacs introduced this Tuesday (i.e. tomorrow, April 22) and music service + iPods introduced Monday, April 28.

I really wonder where the 15-inch Aluminum PowerBook G4 fits into the equation. My hunch is that it doesn't. In other words, we won't see the new 15-inch PowerBook until later, maybe even WWDC in June.

Escher
  • Reply 74 of 80
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Also:

Will Universal Music be "Amelio'ed"?

All right, not Hardware, but dammit it would be huge!

Screed
  • Reply 75 of 80
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    A quote from Reuters:

"Apple wants to make a natural connection between iPods and the service, a seamless connection between hardware and content," analyst Rob Enderle of Giga Information Group said.

I've read several mentions in the press of how the new music service is tied to the iPod. I'm wondering if its possible that the new iPod can connect to Apple and allow you to listen to samples and purchase songs without the need for a computer? Wouldn't this be a good way to sell the service to non-Mac users?
  • Reply 76 of 80
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    But there's a software layer that's missing. (For Mac users it's not, it's called iTunes).

At some point a user, when ready to buy, must be able to say, "I want this, this and this song, here's my credit card number." That's a lot of interface and security to cram into the iPod UI.

-OR-

iTunes 4 for Mac and Windows.

Screed
  • Reply 77 of 80
    lolololo Posts: 87member
    I was expecting this Apple special event to be held either in Town Hall on the Apple Campus or at the nearby Flint Center.

Does anyone know where it's being held? The Moscone Center in S.F. seems too big for such a "small" event.

• Reply 78 of 80
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by lolo

I was expecting this Apple special event to be held either in Town Hall on the Apple Campus or at the nearby Flint Center.

Does anyone know where it's being held? The Moscone Center in S.F. seems too big for such a "small" event.

No one has said so far as I have read to date. WWDC is at the Moscone Center, but that's about it.
  • Reply 79 of 80
    nonsuchnonsuch Posts: 293member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

-OR-

iTunes 4 for Mac and Windows.

Maybe, but I would expect an iTunes for Windows would deliberately lag the Mac version in features. The whole purpose of the iApps is to push people to buy Macs, and Apple would be very careful about any approach that might diminish their effectiveness in that role.
  • Reply 80 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by Retrograde

I predict it will not be released on a Tuesday