Pictures of the infamous "gap"?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by sergem

Have you noticed that the keys on the aluminum notebooks sit slightly above the plane of the rest of the inside of the notebook (i.e. the plane that the speakers and track pad are on)? If there was no gap the keys would rest against the screen, causing smudge marks by the inevitable build up of human sweat and grease on the keys. By incorporating the gap it reduces this problem. Not to mention the fact that the latch design relies upon tension to keep the lid closed.

So mind the gap, but don't hate it, its there for your protection.

I'd prefer the keyboard to be seated lower and flush with the rest of the unit, rather than raising the lid which obviously is causing latch problems as well as unneeded give and play while carrying it around. One could argue that the bouncy lid while in tote might still be making the keys touch the screen after all. Just because this might have been a deliberate design - doesn?t make it a good one.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    get a clamshell iBook then.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    And there is this:

THE DELAWARE WATER GAP
  • Reply 24 of 29
    the gap is a bigger problem than we had expected. maybe we should start supporting the local independent retailers instead of the big corporate machine?

• Reply 25 of 29
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    I really hope that nobody believes that this is a actually a mistake or even a problem. It's utterly ridiculous... much worse than the Cube crack "issue". At least that was was worthy of discussion.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by neutrino23

When my new PB arrives I will probably put a sheet of paper inside it when I close the lid just for safety, especially when traveling.

Of course, it won't stay in there, because of the gap.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    gnypgnyp Posts: 37member
    hmmm... i think apple expect us to put a protect screen cover onto the keybroad, so they made a little gap for us

gNYp
  • Reply 28 of 29
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ringo

I really hope that nobody believes that this is a actually a mistake or even a problem. It's utterly ridiculous... much worse than the Cube crack "issue". At least that was was worthy of discussion.

*nod*