Best pair of headphones for iPod

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    So are you saying that the Senn HD 497 is crap?
  • Reply 42 of 45
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

So are you saying that the Senn HD 497 is crap?

No, I'd say they are more than fine.

Rough specs:

Sennheiser Hd 497

24 - 22,000 Hz

32 ohm

$62.95

Low frequency is not as low as I like but 24 is good considering some others are 30, 40, 50, 80 (although they are various form factors and weights)

Highs are a bit clipped but 22,000 Hz is certainly higher than 18,000 Hz and 20,000 Hz which seem to be the common alternatives in the class.

32 ohm is extremely in line with other portable headphones, compared to 60 and 100 ohm.

And $62.95? I dunno. They are above average (using eyeball math) in the specs we've been interested in, they look good too. And I'd imagine they are comfortable (totally subjective). I'd say $49.95 would be an awesome price if you can find it but that's a gut feeling. And who am I anyway?

Hey, enjoy them, and don't let my enthusiasm for other headphones give you buyer's remorse! Everyone has their targets. I wish there were better matrices available for comparison...hmmm there's an idea.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    Ok, good I didn't want to buy crap.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    That was a very incomplete listing of course, based on a cursory copy and paste from a general headphones.com search.

Feel free to add and edit and expound on this subject.

I tend not to make much of Driver Unit Size (mm), Sensitivity (dB/mW), Rated Power (mW), Power Handling Capacity (mW) but they are important too.

Maybe someone wants to champion any of these stats relative to the ones I focused on? I'm open to discussion.