New Palm Machines

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bancho

They could probably glob 'em all together into one runtime which would detect your device on the fly but then you'd have a program 4x the size it needs to be to get the job done. The PPC's have fairly similar screen/processor configs so they don't have this issue.

Wrong. Do you know anything about PPC or are you talking out your ass? They have the exact same issue. ARM, MIPS, SH3? Granted all PPC2002 and 2003 devices are ARM processors, there are still a lot of old ones out there.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Wrong. Do you know anything about PPC or are you talking out your ass? They have the exact same issue. ARM, MIPS, SH3? Granted all PPC2002 and 2003 devices are ARM processors, there are still a lot of old ones out there.

Um, did my post require such a strongly worded response regardless of how accurate it may have been regarding PPCs?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

I think the point Bancho was trying to make was that MS saw this as a problem and actually fixed it, whereas Pa1m0ne *just* released new models which need different programs based on screen size. So PalmOS devices will having the same problems that PPC users had back before PPC2002.

Pa1m0ne also really likes to support legacy devices (you can run PalmOS 4 on one of the original Pilots, with the right upgrades), and they have a great deal of influence in PalmSource's OS development, so Palm users are going to be saddled with monochrome support for a long time.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Thanks Phrog. That pretty much did sum up what I was speaking from my ass.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    You know, I tried to change my username when I became a moderator to try and clear everything up, but people told me to switch it back. I'm really on the verge of changing it to something else again.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Sure Fran but what to you think about the T3?
  • Reply 27 of 27
    matveimatvei Posts: 193member
    And do you still use your Newton?