The Democrats are really starting to tick me off.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    And what would have been reasonable to you?

Let's not forget, we had imminent economic decline, a terrorist attack, blackouts in California, one of the worst tornado seasons ever in 2001, severe flooding all along the Mississippi, one of the worst winter storms ever last year that crippled the east, poor crop yields due to inclement weather in the south and plains, oh, not to mention that little thing called a global economic recession.

I'm not pro-Bush either, but I'm not narrow-sighted.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

I'm not pro-Bush either, but I'm not narrow-sited.

But you sure are a silly speller! Narrow-sighted indeed.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Cut me some slack! Problems at work forced me to work 2am-10:30am this fine morning... I'm a little tired...
  • Reply 24 of 31
    Quote:

Cut me some slack! Problems at work forced me to work 2am-10:30am this fine morning... I'm a little tired...

TIRED? TIRED OF SPELLING THINGS CORRECTLY!

muahahhahahahhahhahaha..

MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

MUAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
  • Reply 25 of 31
    MORE TAX CUTS!!!

That seems to be doing the trick!

Viva! Viva Trickle ON economics!
  • Reply 26 of 31
    Tired of spelling things correctly?

Let me guess... under no circustances do you ever make a spelling error. Correct?

Is there any reason in particular you've chosen to troll me?
  • Reply 27 of 31
    Quote:

Tired of spelling things correctly?

Also tired of recognizing blatant happy-going tomfoolery.

Quote:

Let me guess...

No, I forbid it.

Quote:

under no circustances do you ever make a spelling error.

HEY I SAID NO GUESSING! BAD DOG!

Quote:

Correct?

Banana.

Quote:

Is there any reason in particular you've chosen to troll me?

I like the fishes 'cause they're so delicious!
  • Reply 28 of 31
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I'm forcing myself to listen to the garbage coming out of the DNC Fall Meeting that's currently on C-SPAN.

The Democrats are blaming Bush over and over and over again for the economic downturn, jobs being lost in America, and an unjustified war in Iraq simply because of no visible proof of WMDs.

WAKE UP FOLKS! 9/11 happened!

This is a different world we live in, and the Democrats wouldn't have been able to do any better if Gore were in the White House. Face it, the economy was starting its downturn right when Bush took the White House, and 9/11 was the gigantic straw that broke the camel's back.

But I'm NOT blaming Clinton for all this. The President has only a very minor part in the shape of the economy and the health of the country.

Read that sentence again.

I'm just sick of hearing the left-wing banter trying to convince all of us that Democrats are God's gift to America and Republicans are the devil incarnate. Both parties make mistakes, and both parties have VERY good ideas of how to lead this country.

p.s. I'm really not trying to troll here. I just have a hard time believing that there are people in the U.S. that truly think that Bush is responsible for everything that's wrong here. Wake up!

Discuss. 8)

Well it's not the republicans per say that are the devil incarnate as much as it is Dubbya. Wake up CosmoNut! 911 was a while ago now. There's been a lot of Bush crap floating under the bridge since then.

I'm sorry but I believe the president can have a BIG influence on the economy. His quick fix tax cuts, barrow and spend bandaid tactics ( not to mention a very unnessary and expensive war ) are a big part of the problem. Sure these things are cyclic. But a president can make bad times much worse and last longer by bad decision making. Just like what we've been experiencing.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    Quote:

I'm sorry but I believe the president can have a BIG influence on the economy.

He can propose tax cuts and budgets that decimate 5 trillion dollar surpluses and bring back 550 billion dollar deficits. Of course it take a republican congress to pass it.

I tease because i love. (this country not this failed one term "president")
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Bush policy aside:

If we all got on each of Senators and Congressmen to stop their insane pork spending for states, we'd be far better off. Democrats and Republicans share equal blame for the state of our current economy. For too long have we accepted overtaxation and too much spending.

I am equally as disturbed by the budget surpluses of old as I am by the deficit spending of now. A truly balanced budget is the only thing to correct what is broken, and given the scope of the goverment, it is truly impossible to fix.

We pattern our government after the Roman Empire. Like Rome we revel in our excesses while our society decays. We try to spread our own "empire" too far. We think far more of ourselves than we should. We take comfort in our perceived world dominance. And like the Romans we'll one day fall victim to ourselves. It's sad, but it is inevitable. Every great society of old was eventually gone.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    Quote:

If we all got on each of Senators and Congressmen to stop their insane pork spending for states, we'd be far better off.

Very Very True...