I want AppleOutsider back.

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    And this, ladies and gentleman, is why AO will never return to 'normal'.
  • Reply 22 of 51
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Defiant : i don't think AO is worse or better than it was. I think that you are simply bored of AO, something i can perfectly understand ...

To my advice the only change, is that there is less humor in AO, than it used to be. I vote for the return of humor
  • Reply 23 of 51
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Thanks Cash-Man, you certainly took away the blinds. It's really a good example. And you even brought humor.

Powerdoc: Humor is good. More Humor!

Maybe some things should stay as they were, so that we can refer to them as 'the glorious old times'. Maybe we will look back and see what we had. \
  • Reply 24 of 51
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    AO is just a reflection of the real world. Yes, its f**ked up..

- Of-course it is...
  • Reply 25 of 51
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Personally, I think AO is a *good* thing for all of us on this board. I mean, let's face it people, like BRussell said, we wouldn't be here if we weren't a passionate lot. And given the daily (for some of us) ostracizing and defending what we *know* is *right*, well, we've all got that little ball in our gut that needs to be released now and then. AO is that release.

Seriously, this board has the most interesting and balanced member set on the web. Sure, we all came here at one point or another for rumoring, but a large portion of us stayed because of the people involved. Not rumoring, chatting.

To those that do post in AO's credit, harsh posts are rarely seen outside of AO. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and hypothesize that if we didn't have AO, there would be a lot more flames to extinquish in the other forums.

Hell, I've been witness to Scott getting his butt kicked and verging on an ALL CAPS post in AO, then 30 seconds later see a post in GB where he's downright sweet helping a *nix user. Now that's what I'm talking about.

And I see that all the time. One minute giant, bunge, BRussell, BR, Harald, Hassan, etc, etc, getting down and dirty in AO...then posting something quite helpful on the other forums...devoid of any AO taint.

So, I'm of the mind to just leave it. Like Jack has said so many times to us all, it's up to the posters in that forum to add or subtract quality. But, if we decide that AO is a 'bad place' and get rid of it, I fear for the continuing quality of the other forums.
  • Reply 26 of 51
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Personally, I think AO is a *good* thing for all of us on this board. I mean, let's face it people, like BRussell said, we wouldn't be here if we weren't a passionate lot. And given the daily (for some of us) ostracizing and defending what we *know* is *right*, well, we've all got that little ball in our gut that needs to be released now and then. AO is that release.

Seriously, this board has the most interesting and balanced member set on the web. Sure, we all came here at one point or another for rumoring, but a large portion of us stayed because of the people involved. Not rumoring, chatting.

To those that do post in AO's credit, harsh posts are rarely seen outside of AO. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and hypothesize that if we didn't have AO, there would be a lot more flames to extinquish in the other forums.

Hell, I've been witness to Scott getting his butt kicked and verging on an ALL CAPS post in AO, then 30 seconds later see a post in GB where he's downright sweet helping a *nix user. Now that's what I'm talking about.

And I see that all the time. One minute giant, bunge, BRussell, BR, Harald, Hassan, etc, etc, getting down and dirty in AO...then posting something quite helpful on the other forums...devoid of any AO taint.

So, I'm of the mind to just leave it. Like Jack has said so many times to us all, it's up to the posters in that forum to add or subtract quality. But, if we decide that AO is a 'bad place' and get rid of it, I fear for the continuing quality of the other forums.

This is an interesting point of vue : AO the official punching ball of AI
  • Reply 27 of 51
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

This is an interesting point of vue : AO the official punching ball of AI

Right. If AO didn't exist I'd be telling Defiant to fvck off right about now in this thread right here.
  • Reply 28 of 51
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    I agree with BR...oops, I mean BRussell.
  • Reply 29 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Mac users are a passionate bunch. I have a lot of respect for people on these forums. Even people with whom I vehemently disagree. I understand that this passion is the basis of alot of what is right and wrong about what happens periodically in AppleOutsider. I just don't think there is a way to remove that passion in the negative aspects and not have it harm the positive aspects.

Ditto that last caller
  • Reply 30 of 51
    You're my smoochie-poooh BR?
  • Reply 31 of 51
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

AO is the way it is because of all the homos! Dirty little homos!

• Reply 32 of 51
    easy jaime, you can't kill all them dirty little heteros?
  • Reply 33 of 51
    Please, nuke AO.
  • Reply 34 of 51
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

Awww, you know I love you, Jamie.
  • Reply 35 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

You're my smoochie-poooh BR?

I'm overjoyed. I am now complete.
  • Reply 36 of 51
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    I have stopped visiting in AO too. It seemed everytime I read something there or everytime I posted there I always left feeling, well, dirty... That can't be a good thing.
  • Reply 37 of 51
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Yeah . . . . let's bring back FIRESIDE CHAT . . . thems were the good-ole days!!!!!

• Reply 38 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Yeah . . . . let's bring back FIRESIDE CHAT . . . thems were the good-ole days!!!!!

They were. Good idea.
  • Reply 39 of 51
    AO is quite entertaining if you don't have a metal pole up your ass...

*adjusts seat*
  • Reply 40 of 51
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DiscoCow

AO is quite entertaining if you don't have a metal pole up your ass...

*adjusts seat*

I have a metal pole near my ass, it allows my seat to be able to spin 360* , now I ask you, if you take that away from me, are you no better than the filth that drives me home when i am crying in from of the statue of Señor McDonald. Nay, i say, Nay.... what do you call yourself? From a high steeple, to the lowest pebble, we are men, not cowards, we shall fight with dignity until the bitter end....the bitter end...

naw, parté!!!!!!