changing user names

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
i've noticed quite a few have had their user names changed by admin.

i'd just like to say this isn't fair since i would like to change mine

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    I don't know what you are talking about.

The only user whose name has been changed is superkaratemonkeydeathcar. His name was changed to "superkarate monkeydeathcar" because the original was too long and distorted the forums when displayed.

If you mean that mihbot has changed from murbot, well, that's just one of the perks to being a moderator.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

Burningwheel is a good name, you shouldn't change it.
  • Reply 3 of 24
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Those who had their names changed were mods... murbot became mihrbot, and Jamie became Jambo.

Consider it a perk of the (thankless, volunteer) job. Also, you can still tell who is who. I remember a time when people changed their name once a week, and nobody could keep them straight. Anyone remember Par XXI?
  • Reply 4 of 24
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

Those who had their names changed were mods... murbot became mihrbot, and Jamie became Jambo.

they're not the only ones. a few other mods changed thier names too. i cant remember all of them, but i remember being a bit confused for a while. i think brad used to be starfleet or something like that. though that was a while ago. they do it from time to time to keep us peons in line.

if u want a new name, just register a new account. then, if u want to get back ur post count, start a thread and mass-reply to it. or reply to a lot of legitimate threads with "yea" or "no". you could even cut down on most of the letterage, and make it "y" or "n".
  • Reply 5 of 24
    Mulattabianca (sp?) > Giaguara

i can't remember another one offhand

edit: here's another

ShawnJPatrick (i think) > ShawnJ
  • Reply 6 of 24
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

I assume you've already PM'd Brad and/or Jon and asked nicely, then resorted to starting this 'it's not fair' thread because they denied you for some reason...

Hmm?
  • Reply 7 of 24
    Well I for one noticed that someone was so kind as to change my post count from a nice clean even 1000 to 1002 overnight. Very cute.

Now since it doesn't matter I kept posting. It's all good.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

they're not the only ones. a few other mods changed thier names too. i cant remember all of them, but i remember being a bit confused for a while. i think brad used to be starfleet or something like that. though that was a while ago. they do it from time to time to keep us peons in line.

Oh, let's see... LoCash used to be M3DJack or something like it, and I think something else in between. Brad was StarfleetX, and... wait... mihrbot changed his name back!

AAHHH THE CONFUSION!
  • Reply 9 of 24
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Remember "There Is No G5"? He was that for a while, then "Yet Another Registration," and finally "Jet Powers" before he left... his last post was in January.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I couldn't get used to seeing mihrbot as my username... had to change it back.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I couldn't get used to seeing mihrbot as my username... had to change it back.

Glad to see you home again mate.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Quote:

Mulattabianca (sp?) > Giaguara

i can't remember another one offhand

edit: here's another

ShawnJPatrick (i think) > ShawnJ

I'm pretty sure those are wholly new accounts that were registered. Xidius created a new account as well. We don't usually change people's names.

And yeah, I used to be: M3D Jack. We (the mods/admins) changed our names to gangsta names or something one night. I ended up keeping my new name
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

I'm pretty sure those are wholly new accounts that were registered. Xidius created a new account as well. We don't usually change people's names.

And yeah, I used to be: M3D Jack. We (the mods/admins) changed our names to gangsta names or something one night. I ended up keeping my new name

I make the biggest change when i become a mod : from powerdoc to Powerdoc . I also try Doc, but tthe team mates do not like this one, so i stay with powerdoc.

I also appeared as Leonis beloved cat, but it was an another account.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    This is begining to feel like a Mod board. (not that I'd know or anything....)
  • Reply 15 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

This is begining to feel like a Mod board. (not that I'd know or anything....)

At least , you can have an idea of what looks like the mod forum ...
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

This is begining to feel like a Mod board.

• Reply 17 of 24
    What an ugly case mod... someone should put it down.

*young, tear drenched, boy loads shotgun and shoots the case*
  • Reply 18 of 24
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    My Name was Wrong Robot, back in the UBB forums, when you were allowed to change your name, I changed it to Wrong Robust as a kind of joke describing apple's products as being robust but in the wrong way.

I stopped visiting for a few months, then when I came back it was vBulletin, and you could no longer change your name freely.

So now I'm stuck with Wrong Robust...I guess\
  • Reply 19 of 24
    i was superkaratemonkeydeathcar on the UBB forum, and when AI switched over to vB brad had to put a space in between karate and monkey.

ever since the change the air has smelled sweeter, food tastes better, and bowel movements seem to to be smoother. life is good. thanks to brad.
  • Reply 20 of 24
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I like Robots.

*waves wand*