AppleWorks 6.2.9

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Apple has already demonstrated with Apple's TextEdit that they are perfectly capable of developing a productivity suite that can open Word documents without a hiccup.

I have Panther, and it's amazing how well Word documents open. The formatting comes across flawlessly.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Apple has already demonstrated with Apple's TextEdit that they are perfectly capable of developing a productivity suite that can open Word documents without a hiccup.

I have Panther, and it's amazing how well Word documents open. The formatting comes across flawlessly.

Yeah but some people actually use tables.

Nick
  • Reply 43 of 48
    For those who may not have understood Amorph's excellent post about text handling in Panther, or may want to know more about it, you may want to look at the following URL: Panther Text Rendering
  • Reply 44 of 48
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I've had the AppleWorks 6.2.9 Updater sitting on my desktop for a couple of weeks now, and finally got around to trying to install the update.

All I get is a window that says "Gathering Information", and the Rainbox Vortex of Death. I've waited as long as ten minutes, and nothing happens. I have to Force Quit the updater.

Anyone have any useful suggestions?
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

I've had the AppleWorks 6.2.9 Updater sitting on my desktop for a couple of weeks now, and finally got around to trying to install the update.

All I get is a window that says "Gathering Information", and the Rainbox Vortex of Death. I've waited as long as ten minutes, and nothing happens. I have to Force Quit the updater.

Anyone have any useful suggestions?

Are you using a UFS-formatted hard drive? I've found that MindVision installers tend to choke with a Unix file system.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by andrewm

Are you using a UFS-formatted hard drive? I've found that MindVision installers tend to choke with a Unix file system.

Mac OS Extended, so that shouldn't be the problem.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    I have both Office and AppleWorks and love AppleWorks, but since today I can't use it. It crashes as soon as I start to type anything??? I've been using it since day one, but Now I don't know if it's because it doesn't like Tiger 10.4.3 or not??
  • Reply 48 of 48
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Try resetting permissions.

Try to install apple works again.