Get it while it's hot.....Terragen

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

I doubt it is altivec optimized, but I can say that it is slightly threaded for multiple CPUs. While rendering, it peaked at about 114% CPU usage. This is a far cry from how well apps like Cinema 4D utilize multiple CPUs.

How did you find that out ?

Unless I'm getting it confused with some other software..it is best working with computers that have a floating FPU...

but I might have misread the text...
  • Reply 22 of 25
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I used to use Terragen a loooong time ago on Windows. I don't use it much anymore unless I want to generate a quick rough terrain to bring into another 3d package.

It is still far from complete. It is still sorta slow when rendering and isn't optimized really for any platform, whether it is window or the mac. I have a lot of respect for the guys behind the program. I had a lot of fun using it when I did. It has a really nice renderer even it is sorta slow.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

It has a really nice renderer even it is sorta slow.

Ya wanna try Povray...I love it..but it's clunk clunk clunk...in comparison....all that fun typing......
  • Reply 24 of 25
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    How do I add more realistic things like trees so when I do my flyby it doesn't look as fake?
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Awsome!!

I believe there are severals apps like this one around the net.