AAPL earnings.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    The average sale price of an Apple - averaged across sales to wholesalers and also direct sales - is $360.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

The average sale price of an Apple - averaged across sales to wholesalers and also direct sales - is $360.

iPod avg. price was $360. That's what you meant, right?
  • Reply 23 of 28
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Apple posts good earning adn their stock drops $2 as of 11:24AM...wth is that?

...or is this just the music store for pc coming out later?
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Apple posts good earning adn their stock drops $2 as of 11:24AM...wth is that?

...or is this just the music store for pc coming out later?

This ALWAYS happens. There's a run-up leading to the announcement, then people drop their shares like there's no tomorrow. I cannot for the life of me figure out what was said yesterday that would warrant a $2+ dropoff, though. I hate investors. They're idiots.

I suspect that it's just profit taking because AAPL's been up a lot lately. But jeez, $2? That's an awful lot.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by penseive

This ALWAYS happens. There's a run-up leading to the announcement, then people drop their shares like there's no tomorrow. I cannot for the life of me figure out what was said yesterday that would warrant a $2+ dropoff, though. I hate investors. They're idiots.

Anderson said the K-12, consumer and international markets were soft...that's what. I said it was going to happen. It doesn't help that during the conference calls, Anderson rarely ever gives the callers the data they want...
  • Reply 26 of 28
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by penseive

I think someone from Smith Barney had lowered their 2004 price targets for Apple based on concern over profit margins, which may have contributed to the price drop. Makes no sense at all.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

"Revenues for the quarter were $1.715 billion, up 19 percent from the year-ago quarter

Up 19% year-over-year? That's a number you might expect to see from a pharmaceutical company, not a computer maker. Wow. That's phenomenal. Do the math, though, and it's almost all due to iPod sales. Steve's really hit on something brilliant here. I can't help but feel like Apple's music strategy from 2001-2005 is going to wind up in business textbooks one day.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

Up 19% year-over-year? That's a number you might expect to see from a pharmaceutical company, not a computer maker. Wow. That's phenomenal. Do the math, though, and it's almost all due to iPod sales. Steve's really hit on something brilliant here. I can't help but feel like Apple's music strategy from 2001-2005 is going to wind up in business textbooks one day.

Well, that big year-over-year number is more because of the weakness of the Q4 last year than extraordinary Q4 this year. It's a nice improvement, but it doesn't exactly tell the story.